Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiserai
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android OS battery use???

Android OS is consuming the vast majority of my battery life on this phone, which seems unusual given all of my other android devices the screen would usually be in first by a long shot.
    Battery is currently down to 30%, came off the charger at 7AM est. Moderate use, just email and web browsing, no video use. What are you guys seeing?

I'm currently seeing Android OS using 46% vs Screen using 17%.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,030 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Android OS battery use???

Check your sync settings. Settings / Accounts and tap your Google account, uncheck anything you don't need or just turn it off completely.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    --Chris [cole2kb]

Seems a lot of people are having this same issue with Android OS using up the majority of the battery. I went and unchecked a bunch of stuff per cole2kb's recommendation above. Hope it's something as simple as that!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just did the same, I guess we'll see

I Dont see how that could be it when I leave my sync off all day. And for the vast majority of the day, I am in an area with no service and I leave airplane mode on. But yet I still have this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android OS battery use???-screenshot_2012-11-27-18-46-01.png  

ROM
    Stock

I have similar numbers on mine, some folks over at XDA are guessing it's a software bug that's causing the keep awake time to be far too high. I can at least confirm that the awake time was equal to my time on battery. That just seems wrong, so I tend to agree with the techies over there.
    I did a factory reset, drained the battery and recharged to full while turned off and that seems to help with battery life a little. I would try that and wait to see if the devs can come up with a fix.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Update time, unchecked synch. Removed from charger at 6:30a, streamed 25 minutes of a podcast w Bluetooth on the way to work, very light use since then and I'm down to 63%. Android OS is showing 49% use while screen is showing 20%. The odd Inge is my screen time on is only 52 minutes yet keep awake time for the CPU is 2 hours 6 minutes. Anyone have any ideas?

ROM
    The Base .5

Quote Originally Posted by darkborne View Post
    Update time, unchecked synch. Removed from charger at 6:30a, streamed 25 minutes of a podcast w Bluetooth on the way to work, very light use since then and I'm down to 63%. Android OS is showing 49% use while screen is showing 20%. The odd Inge is my screen time on is only 52 minutes yet keep awake time for the CPU is 2 hours 6 minutes. Anyone have any ideas?
    Try the fix here:

If you're on the AT&T version this might help you. Worked for me.
    jelong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    Try the fix here:

If you're on the AT&T version this might help you. Worked for me.
    Just tried this. I have a very long busy day tomorrow so I will post a screen shot before it dies to compare.

ROM
    The Base .5

Just a heads up, it will still show Android OS as your top battery sucker. For me it's still around 45-50% of total battery use, but my battery life is doing very well regardless. As you can see in the pics, almost 20 hours on battery and still over 50%. Most of my day was on wifi, and I wasn't playing around on my phone all day, but at least now it's going into a deep sleep when it's in my pocket like it's supposed to.

I should also point out that this is with Eco Mode OFF, all accounts set to auto sync, all location services and GPS are on, and I'm rooted and unlocked running The Base v0.5.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I'm on a Sprint OG, and getting absolutely nowhere near the battery life you're getting. I've been on wifi since 8am est, moderate use and I'm already down to 55%

Yea i am on sprint also and I tried the fix listed above and it helps but not a lot. I don't get any where near 20 hours on a single charge with data off, wifi off, auto sync off, power saver on, eco mode on, gps, bluetooth, and nfc all off. I hope an update fixes this issue, whatever it is.

My O.G. for ATT is doing the same thing. I have had light use all morning and went from 100% at 9am to 45% at 1 pm and it shows that the android o.s at 61% and my display set to 50% has comsumed just 19% of battery. This really concerns me I wish LG would patch this

It appears that LG has decided to write their own battery use app, forgoing the standard android one. This seems to be happening more and more with different vendors.

I just got my lgog yesterday, so am still experimenting, however suffice it to say that lg's implementation of the battery use app is not very good.

I've attached two screenshots from GSam battery monitor (yes, I am the author) compared to the LG one. GSam names the android os as kernel, but notice the huge difference.

Not to toot my own horn, but in this case, GSam has it right

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android OS battery use???-uploadfromtaptalk1355120225374.jpg   Android OS battery use???-uploadfromtaptalk1355120248703.jpg   Android OS battery use???-uploadfromtaptalk1355120261641.jpg  
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I'm going to try a factory reset and see what happens. I dropped 60% with mid to light use today in 4 hours, I love this phone, but the battery life is getting obnoxious.

Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just got my AT&T LGOG 3 days ago, and have to agree with others that battery life is "iffy" at best - Android OS is my highest battery hog at between 60 and 70%

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

thanks man. It really works for my LG OG..
    Since I have installed this on last weekend, my battery life increased average 30%.