LG Optimus G: No sound for incoming text messages

heyitsjustme

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
For some reason my incoming texts aren't being accompanied by a sound. I definitely do not have the phone's sound off.

How do I fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: No sound for incoming text messages

Try an App named "LightFlow" from the Google Play Store to see if it's working.

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed this happens when I have the txt messaging app still open when I lock the phone. I think what happens is the phone gets the message and it sees the app is still open so it doesn't notify you thinking you are looking at it already. Try exited the messaging app when you've sent the message and see if it fixes the problem. Its kind of annoying I know but the only solution I've found for it.

Evilgoose

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Only thing I can say is make sure you didn't hit the sound profile icon in the drop down menu. I found myself doing that and would wonder why I wasn't getting sound sometimes. I just took it out of the drop down options eventually since I already have my audio setup how I want.

jasenr

May 23, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed this happens when I have the txt messaging app still open when I lock the phone. I think what happens is the phone gets the message and it sees the app is still open so it doesn't notify you thinking you are looking at it already. Try exited the messaging app when you've sent the message and see if it fixes the problem. Its kind of annoying I know but the only solution I've found for it.
This!! I noticed this exact thing myself.

Tramie

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Hey, so this also happen to me and this is how I fixed it.
1. Go to settings
2. Application manager
3. You will see three tabs : downloaded, running, and All
You would want to flip to the tab that says "All", by just slide your finger across the screen to the left.
4. When you're under the tab "All", scroll down ( this may take a few mins). slowly keep on looking until you see a "Messaging" icon and click on it.
5. Under Force Stop and Disable, there should be a Check the box that said show notifications. Check that.
6. Now you should have notification sounds for your text message.

I hope it helps!!! =]

bdsm12

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys did all this and didnt work.talked to a buddy and all we did was power off the phone and restarted it- sound was there!

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

The old help desk first response to any problem, "Reboot, and see if that helps." It is good to see that the classic fixes still sometimes work. :)

burgboy

May 8, 2013
Visit site

Go to message - setting - notification - sound notification - please check there.
My G is normal with sound for incoming text messages.

Gửi từ LG-E975 của t?i bằng c?ch sử dụng Tapatalk 2

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

This happens while I'm on a phone call. I don't hear ANYTHING.

TTheInfamous1

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

Hey, so this also happen to me and this is how I fixed it.
1. Go to settings
2. Application manager
3. You will see three tabs : downloaded, running, and All
You would want to flip to the tab that says "All", by just slide your finger across the screen to the left.
4. When you're under the tab "All", scroll down ( this may take a few mins). slowly keep on looking until you see a "Messaging" icon and click on it.
5. Under Force Stop and Disable, there should be a Check the box that said show notifications. Check that.
6. Now you should have notification sounds for your text message.

I hope it helps!!! =]

I just posted about this because I couldn't find anything on it. However my wife is having this issue and I tried what you suggest and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Wayne173

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had a sound issue also and this is what i've noticed and done to fix or work around it. I to was losing sound to text notifications and ring tones. One day i noticed after playing a game i had paused it to talk to my kid. When the phone went into sleep mode i got a call from my wife and a text from her to call her. Phone never gave a sound notification. This has happened many times before and i lived with it until i found out what was going on in my case.
Ok enough jabber.....i think the issue is with how the task manager deals with putting apps in sleep mode or how some devs write the audio portions of their apps. Here's what i did...
1) Once you notice the sound is gone go to Settings, Sound and see if the volumes are turned off.
2) Now go back to your home screen and hold down the Home button to get to the task manager and see what apps are running in the background.
3) Start from the bottom and close the app by swiping it off the screen
4) Go back and check settings, volume to see if the audio bars have shown that they have returned.
5) Or you can clear all and go check the volume (but then you won't which app is the issue)
6) If you do the one at a time method you may find an app that when put in sleep mode it will turn your volumes off.
I have found this issue with three of the apps i use. I either deleted them or i just remember to close them out in the task manager when im done. The apps that gave me audio issues are Real Racing 3, Candy Crush, and HBO Go. Again this is what MY phone is doing (Sprint Optimus G) and how I'm dealing with it. I may be way off base but this is what fixed my audio issue.....for now.

Posted via The OG

Last edited:

GhostTown_Willy

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

Here's the solution.

Notification sounds exist in TWO places.

1) Settings - Sound - Notification Sound.

Doing anything here won't solve the issue.

2) Click on the messages app in the dock along the bottom. Top left should say ALL MESSAGES.
To the right it should have a Spotlight icon (looks like a magnifying glass, then a Plus sign icon,
then three vertical dots. Click that.
Click settings - then click Notifications - Click PLAY NOTIFICATIONS SOUND and also
Choose the NOTIFICATION SOUND just below. Make sure you click APPLY for finish it off.

That should help.

"Rosebud"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci