Wireless WiFi tethering?

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to wirelessly tether from this phone via a root app or script editor or anything? I have tried like 6 different tethering apps and I can't find a signle on my laptop when it says I am tethering. Any thoughts? Ps. I am rooted.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Never mind. Haha, i was looking on XDA and i found a fourm that was this for the ATT version (I have sprint) and i tried all of these procedures and gt nothing. Finally, while scrolling throught the coments, I found one that works. Download the attached app and set device to generic ICS and it works! I am posting this curently form my windows 8 laptop with my Rooted LG optimus G on sprint's data.

PS: I did not make this app this app is made by M?ller, Lemons, Buxton. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• wifi_tether_v3_1-beta14.apk
    382 KB · Views: 823

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Haha. Yea i ahve been doing this with my SII before this and my Optimus S before that and they never cared. And I use a lot of data. Like 15GB a month

steev89

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Cool, I had heard at&t and other carriers started messaging people saying if they continue using free wireless tethering apps they were going to lose their unlimited data and be auto signed up for the tethering charges. Ill have to give this a try. Thanks!

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Cool. The downloaded app worked perfectly.
I used the Optimus S on Sprint and the battery would get sooooo hot. Temp would reach close to 100.
But with this beast, works great and the temp is not a factor after a long tethering session

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The funny thing is, I can no longer get it to work. I had to edit the build prop to turn off the shutter sound earlier and I think i did something in there that may have stopped tethering from working. I tried to tether the other day and when the app started up my phone restarted, which is odd because this thing has never restarted on me. But when it came back on, the tethering wasn't working. I tried restarting it and reinstalling the app. I tried chaning the device in the settings but it still doesn't work. Any ideas or is anyone experiencing the same problem? I am going to try backing up my apps and wiping the phone so the build prop will be stock again but other than that I have no idea. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else.

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've also had difficulty getting this to work but changing device profile to Generic, not Generic ICS then rebooting phone works for me.
I am on ZVB rooted stock ROM

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having difficulty as well.... I downloaded the file in this post then when I try to start app it says wifi drivers not found?.... Any help?

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I realize there are problems with this method (see my post above) but it seems to work for me at least again now that I am on jelly bean.

The download link didn't work for me anymore either but the app is in the play store. Just search WiFi tether and look for the devs specified above.

Michael Ryan3

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to wirelessly tether from this phone via a root app or script editor or anything? I have tried like 6 different tethering apps and I can't find a signle on my laptop when it says I am tethering. Any thoughts? Ps. I am rooted.
I found a app in the play store that works without root its called easy tether and just follow directions exactly.

Chris Arnold

May 9, 2013
Visit site

CyanogenMod 10.2 has wireless hot-spot capability. Worked out of the box for me. We just took a 80 mile trip and both my kids had service through my hot-spot on their Tab 3's. I know installing a custom rom is extreme, but it's well worth it to gain the ability to wirelessly tether.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech