Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By nirad
  • 1 Post By cmandd
  • 2 Post By thebizz
  • 1 Post By AndroidS3
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jelly Bean update

When is it coming to the Sprint Optimus G?

Default Re: Jelly Bean update

Well the Korean model gets it soon. Us? Probably January or February. Or later

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I really hope it's coming soon! I'm loving the phone so far.

This thing is like butter already on ICS. I can't wait to see it with Project Butter. Not to mention, if they fix the known issuses now with JB i will be extatic.

When I bought mine there was a guy from LG at the store and he said it should roll out around the end of the month

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    juststart and agbrickey4 like this.

My phone is on at&t. I decided to ask LG themselves and this was their reply. Not sure what they would say fro the sprint side.

Steven, no word has been received yet when we should even expect the OS Jellybean Update.

I would simply continue checking periodically with us until we can tell you for sure when to expect it.

We are available by email or toll free 24/7 at 1-800-243-0000.

Thank you and be blessed, Steven!

Don't need jellybean. The LG Optimus needs a patch to fix some bugs. But, an OS update is not needed. Its like saying, the original EVO would be better with an ICS update. It wouldn't. Matter of fact it would either run like crap or Sense would have to be removed. Now that's not the case with the Optimus but, jellybean is not going to make the this ...less than one month old phone seem...NEW??

There's more than meet the eye with this phone. Play with the options.
    Last edited by batmanxgr; 12-10-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Quote Originally Posted by steev89 View Post
    My phone is on at&t. I decided to ask LG themselves and this was their reply. Not sure what they would say fro the sprint side.

Steven, no word has been received yet when we should even expect the OS Jellybean Update.

I would simply continue checking periodically with us until we can tell you for sure when to expect it.

We are available by email or toll free 24/7 at 1-800-243-0000.

Thank you and be blessed, Steven!
    Typical corporate speak blah blah blah... can't get a straight answer from any company nowadays. Hope you guys get it soon. JB is quite smooth and fast.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by batmanxgr View Post
    Don't need jellybean. The LG Optimus needs a patch to fix some bugs. But, an OS update is not needed. Its like saying, the original EVO would be better with an ICS update. It wouldn't. Matter of fact it would either run like crap or Sense would have to be removed. Now that's not the case with the Optimus but, jellybean is not going to make the this ...less than one month old phone seem...NEW??

There's more than meet the eye with this phone. Play with the options.
    If nothing else, Jelly Bean would add Google Now. That alone would make this phone like "new".
    juststart likes this.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Meh had jelly bean on the s3 and traded it for this the phone is fast as heck now I really don't think project butter will be very noticeable but I want the notifications that's it. Google now is cool but not all that
    Edit
    Let me clarify what I was trying to say Google now is a great feature to have but we already have 95 percent of the functionality of 4.1-2 so I see no reason to go crazy waiting over an update. Enjoy your phones live your lives and before you know it you will get an update notification that jellybean is ready for your phone and the whole waiting process can start all over because Google will have 4.3 or whatever their going to number it out. And if you bought this phone with hopes for a quick release if jellybean I think you bought the wrong phone. But if you bought this phone because of the insanely food screen its fast as heck and just plain awesome then what do you have to complain about
    Last edited by thebizz; 12-10-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
    Thanked by:
    tientsdo and klokateer123 like this.

Probably about 10 Years time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    gingerc76 likes this.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    TouchWiz/ ParanoidAndroid

Quote Originally Posted by cmandd View Post
    If nothing else, Jelly Bean would add Google Now. That alone would make this phone like "new".
    That's all I'm waiting for. If I could get one of the hacks to work I would already have it.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Absolutely agree,have been using Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 overclocked,the LGOG is lot faster and I'm really enjoyed LG UI with all the extras,do not miss JB at all

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Meh had jelly bean on the s3 and traded it for this the phone is fast as heck now I really don't think project butter will be very noticeable but I want the notifications that's it. Google now is cool but not all that
    Edit
    Let me clarify what I was trying to say Google now is a great feature to have but we already have 95 percent of the functionality of 4.1-2 so I see no reason to go crazy waiting over an update. Enjoy your phones live your lives and before you know it you will get an update notification that jellybean is ready for your phone and the whole waiting process can start all over because Google will have 4.3 or whatever their going to number it out. And if you bought this phone with hopes for a quick release if jellybean I think you bought the wrong phone. But if you bought this phone because of the insanely food screen its fast as heck and just plain awesome then what do you have to complain about
    Absolutely agree,have been using Nexus 7 with 4.2.1 overclocked,the LGOG is lot faster and I'm really enjoyed LG UI with all the extras,do not miss JB at all

Quote Originally Posted by tientsdo View Post
    This phone is faster but there's lots of times where it studders and I think JB would probably help with it. Plus Google Now is awesome.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Yes jb should help with the stutters and I've only noticed dropped frames while using the stock launcher, with animations set to off
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Just thought I'd update and say I asked them again since some people on the interwebs were saying late December. LG is still saying there is no ETA saying it depends on carrier blah blah etc. So no one knows yet

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Yeah, that seems to be the standard line from all manufacturers for all upgrades... There seem to be only two answers for timelines:

1) Currently Available
    2) Undetermined

It amazes me that they can stay in business without having a plan for releases... whether working on their own, or working with the carriers.

Hmm that's news to me. Since when is the Optimus S can handle jb? Wouldn't it be too much as far as memory is concerned just saying.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

This is the Optimus G forums. The G blows the Optimus S out of the water!

The optimus G doesn't blow the s out of the water that is an understatement. I had the Optimus S a couple of years ago and now I have the Optimus G. I think a better analogy would be it blows the tiny pond the S sits in up like an atomic bomb. Hated the S love the G