Black screen after backing up with TWRP

snacsnoc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus G (E970). I rooted and unlocked the bootloader fine. I read in this thread, [GUIDE] Root, unlock, and install a custom firmware! - xda-developers, that CWM backups don't work so I downloaded TWRP for the Optimus G and installed it via CWM. Everything was fine, so I went into TWRP and went to backup. I let it do it's thing and came back with a black screen. Now, I can't get into TWRP, nor does it boot up normally. I can get into the fastboot screen but that's about it. Any ideas?

EDIT: Seems like the battery was dead....doh!

Last edited:

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Glad it was an easy fix. I always make sure my battery is >75% before doing these types of things. I heard running out of juice while doing a radio update can brick a device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

NoxArt

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not that he'd have a low battery, really sometimes Android gets confused about the % or does some weird decisions...

Mine started to behave brick-like during backing up, but I just checked at that moment and had 77 % ... after having it plugged in for a minute it was possible to wake it up again

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, all guides say start with +75% battery. I had TWRP go blank on me in the middle of a save. Next time I went into settings and turned off the screen blanking then did another backup. Have restored that backup several times now cause it fails to flash a PACMAN KK ROM.