LG Optimus G: cracked glass

schumacherml1

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
i dropped my lg optimus g on sprint screen down in the gravel and now the glass is extremely cracked and does not respond to touch. im wondering if there is a way to replace the glass.. the lcd if fine. is there anywhere i can purchase the replacement parts and roughly how much would they be?? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lg Optimus G sprint cracked glass

Should have a factory warranty with lg.contact them and see. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Dropped mine from shoulder hight yesterday onto my driveway thank goodness its smooth because it landed face first but only suffered a scuff on the chrome ring on the top right.

tomg666

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

I broke the back glass just a couple of days after getting it. It fell off of my patio table and hit the ground. damnit

Bluesmoon

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

@Schumacherml1 - visist a Sprint Service & Repair store to see if they are able to assist in replacing the glass. If you do not have insurance, it may cost you.

bobojay

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

i dropped my lg optimus g on sprint screen down in the gravel and now the glass is extremely cracked and does not respond to touch. im wondering if there is a way to replace the glass.. the lcd if fine. is there anywhere i can purchase the replacement parts and roughly how much would they be?? Thanks

It's on you I think

cbllw

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

yup, if you HAVE Sprint phone protection insurance, and your screen breaks, it will cost you $150 deductible to replace your lg optimus g. i just did that, broke my phone 3 days after purchase, maybe 4 days, never the less, i paid deductible and will receive a REFURBISHED phone the day after xmas.

MercuryNine

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

I have TEP Coverage with I had a 1/4 crack on the front glass near the bezel. They couldn't repair it they just ordered me a new one for free.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

JesMarLeo

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Dropped my LG optimus (Sprint) from about knee height (roughtly a foot) and the phone only got a scratch on the side. I did not see any cracks on the screen. Two minutes later I look at the phone (did not touch the screen) and I watch the entire screen spider web. Could this be a defect in the "gorilla" glass or is this typical for a phone with front & back glass? I've dropped many a phone, but have never shattered a screen. Thoughts?

hvivar

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Dropped my LG optimus (Sprint) from about knee height (roughtly a foot) and the phone only got a scratch on the side. I did not see any cracks on the screen. Two minutes later I look at the phone (did not touch the screen) and I watch the entire screen spider web. Could this be a defect in the "gorilla" glass or is this typical for a phone with front & back glass? I've dropped many a phone, but have never shattered a screen. Thoughts?

He, he. Here is a thought. If you have a history of dropping phones, then a phone wrapped in glass (it doesn't matter what kind of glass) may not be the best choice for you.

subaruowner

May 23, 2013
Visit site

If you were an ignoramoose and did not look before you opened your typing skills you'd be aware there is not a true otterbox hard shell for the optimus g phone. there is a soft case you can slip it into like a glove but not an otterbox. the Lg isn't an Iphone, that they made tons of crap for;)

Wolfgar2k

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

If you were an ignoramoose and did not look before you opened your typing skills you'd be aware there is not a true otterbox hard shell for the optimus g phone. there is a soft case you can slip it into like a glove but not an otterbox. the Lg isn't an Iphone, that they made tons of crap for;)

Actually they make the Commuter series for the Optimus G. It's not as good as the Defender series, but it's still an Otterbox, and better than nothing.
LG Optimus G Case | Commuter Series case by OtterBox.com

Amy Burnette

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I am fairly certain that this is a defect they are sweeping under the rug. If you look on-line at the ones that have broken screens it far surpasses any other phone. I had mine in my pocket with a penny. When I took it out the glass was broken. It was in a case with a screen protector. This phone was a piece of crap from the time I took it out of the box. I went through 2 due to charging issues before I had this one for 2 weeks and the screen broke. Going back to HTC

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

So ive had this phone for about a month and my back glass is fine its my screen glass thats the issue i was at the creek with my kids no drops phone was laying on lawn chair in shade and was fine one minute and next i had a diagonal crack just one mind you and now cant use bottom buttons and lower portion of screen which blows i love this phone but i guess on the bright side with the help of button savior and ultimate rotation control i can at least back up and has home softkey as well and turn phone upside down to text and type question is what if anything is LG going to do about this faulty glass on this otherwise great phone???

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1