Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus G: cracked glass

i dropped my lg optimus g on sprint screen down in the gravel and now the glass is extremely cracked and does not respond to touch. im wondering if there is a way to replace the glass.. the lcd if fine. is there anywhere i can purchase the replacement parts and roughly how much would they be?? Thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Default Re: Lg Optimus G sprint cracked glass

Should have a factory warranty with lg.contact them and see.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Dropped mine from shoulder hight yesterday onto my driveway thank goodness its smooth because it landed face first but only suffered a scuff on the chrome ring on the top right.
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I broke the back glass just a couple of days after getting it. It fell off of my patio table and hit the ground. damnit

Warranty does not cover cracked glass from dropping the phone.

@Schumacherml1 - visist a Sprint Service & Repair store to see if they are able to assist in replacing the glass. If you do not have insurance, it may cost you.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schumacherml1 View Post
    i dropped my lg optimus g on sprint screen down in the gravel and now the glass is extremely cracked and does not respond to touch. im wondering if there is a way to replace the glass.. the lcd if fine. is there anywhere i can purchase the replacement parts and roughly how much would they be?? Thanks
    It's on you I think

yup, if you HAVE Sprint phone protection insurance, and your screen breaks, it will cost you $150 deductible to replace your lg optimus g. i just did that, broke my phone 3 days after purchase, maybe 4 days, never the less, i paid deductible and will receive a REFURBISHED phone the day after xmas.

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

Have u people not herd of an otterbox? 35 on amazon.com many cases on ebay on the cheep

I have the otter box,very good........
    Polishpepper likes this.

I found this store...
    Hope it will help!

I have TEP Coverage with I had a 1/4 crack on the front glass near the bezel. They couldn't repair it they just ordered me a new one for free.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Dropped my LG optimus (Sprint) from about knee height (roughtly a foot) and the phone only got a scratch on the side. I did not see any cracks on the screen. Two minutes later I look at the phone (did not touch the screen) and I watch the entire screen spider web. Could this be a defect in the "gorilla" glass or is this typical for a phone with front & back glass? I've dropped many a phone, but have never shattered a screen. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JesMarLeo View Post
    Dropped my LG optimus (Sprint) from about knee height (roughtly a foot) and the phone only got a scratch on the side. I did not see any cracks on the screen. Two minutes later I look at the phone (did not touch the screen) and I watch the entire screen spider web. Could this be a defect in the "gorilla" glass or is this typical for a phone with front & back glass? I've dropped many a phone, but have never shattered a screen. Thoughts?
    He, he. Here is a thought. If you have a history of dropping phones, then a phone wrapped in glass (it doesn't matter what kind of glass) may not be the best choice for you.

Lightbulb Re: Lg Optimus G sprint cracked glass

If you were an ignoramoose and did not look before you opened your typing skills you'd be aware there is not a true otterbox hard shell for the optimus g phone. there is a soft case you can slip it into like a glove but not an otterbox. the Lg isn't an Iphone, that they made tons of crap for

Yeahhh, I dropped mine IN my otter box today like 3 feet and the screen cracked.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by subaruowner View Post
    If you were an ignoramoose and did not look before you opened your typing skills you'd be aware there is not a true otterbox hard shell for the optimus g phone. there is a soft case you can slip it into like a glove but not an otterbox. the Lg isn't an Iphone, that they made tons of crap for
    Actually they make the Commuter series for the Optimus G. It's not as good as the Defender series, but it's still an Otterbox, and better than nothing.
    LG Optimus G Case | Commuter Series case by OtterBox.com

It looks like glass can crack without impact:
    Spontaneous glass breakage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And it looks like there's probably a manufacturing defect by LG that Google and LG are quietly trying to sweep under the rug.
    hydrogen3 and Ronald Koop like this.

I am fairly certain that this is a defect they are sweeping under the rug. If you look on-line at the ones that have broken screens it far surpasses any other phone. I had mine in my pocket with a penny. When I took it out the glass was broken. It was in a case with a screen protector. This phone was a piece of crap from the time I took it out of the box. I went through 2 due to charging issues before I had this one for 2 weeks and the screen broke. Going back to HTC

So ive had this phone for about a month and my back glass is fine its my screen glass thats the issue i was at the creek with my kids no drops phone was laying on lawn chair in shade and was fine one minute and next i had a diagonal crack just one mind you and now cant use bottom buttons and lower portion of screen which blows i love this phone but i guess on the bright side with the help of button savior and ultimate rotation control i can at least back up and has home softkey as well and turn phone upside down to text and type question is what if anything is LG going to do about this faulty glass on this otherwise great phone???

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

They make the Otterbox Commuter Series for the Sprint version of this phone. AT&T version still has nothing to fit. I wouldn't have purchased this phone had I known this.
    So, I'm here trying to find some help because I broke my screen tonight with the slightest bump!

I wish LG would recall and replace this garbage glass! Do they even read these forums??

Hi, here just because this literally happened to me about 3 hours ago and I was looking up what I could do to fix it.

I have no idea what happened, but I was in a class and ignored a call by swiping the screen (per usual) and put the phone back in my pocket. The phone vibrated for a text and when I took it out, there was a hair-line crack from top to bottom, rendering it useless. I have gotten no response from the touch screen. This was literally minutes after using it last and not dropping it or even bumping it off anything. I have the LG-LS970.

And to add insult to injury, I have a missed call, a voicemail, a couple texts, a snapchat, and an update that I can't acknowledge... It's set to vibrate every 2 minutes until I open the text AND I can't even turn it off.

Call sprint and complain ALOT I did and eventually got them to do an advance exchange on it with no out of pocket cost at all took 3 calls to customer care and around 4 hours on phone but eventually they caved.

My back glass is cracked. Didnt drop it. Took it to sprint. They said some **** about call lg they may replace it. I dunno. Feeling like im a have to kick the deductible out through insurance. Sucks. Just got this phone 2 months ago.

Posted via Android Central App

LG will tell you to go through sprint trust they just had me do it n after several long phone calls with sprint they just advance exchanged mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast