SD Cards and App memory

jminor

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
my previous phone used an SD card. Many of my apps still reference mnt/sdcard. How does the OG deal with such situations? Is there such thing as the Ap2sd functionality?

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It'll depend on what optimus g you're using I guess. The sprint one doesnt have a as card while the att one does.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
The non-app memory appears to be mounted as /sdcard/. which is where all of the data seems to be stored. When I look at the app memory usage, it doesn't differentiate and shows a large amount of space free, so I am guessing that the OS automatically uses the /sdcard/ location if available for anything that can be stored there... and therefore no need for the app, especially since there is no external SD card.

Things seem to have changed for Android with the advent of devices with larger internal storage, as my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 does use external SD cards, which many apps don't seem able to access, since it is mounted as something like /extsdcard/ but this may be vendor related and not Android in general.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I believe if an app needs the external sd it's emulated so it will make the app think their is one when their is not. But I love the way Google changed the partitions they just give you a big lump for your apps pics etc rather than having a hard ceiling on app storage

Joecascio2000

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Format your external sd card into two fat 32 partitions. Mine is currently 50 Gb and 9 Gb. The 9 Gb one will be used for link2sd which works perfectly on the LGOG.
xda-developers - View Single Post - which FS for 64GB microSDXC card?

Also, if you need more space hit up my thread on XDA. It's a script that allows game data downloaded from the Google play store to be read from the external sd card.
obb "Game Data" to external_sd - xda-developers

Both work independently or together. Both require root.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user