1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Firmware update error

Has anyone else tried checking for an updaet recently. I did it the other day and it said an update was available so I downloaded etc. But when it was installed it gave an error 0x13E. Tried it the last couple days with no luck. I tried with LGs computer program to but it says there are now updates. Is anyone seeing this happen?

Default Re: Firmware update error

I check for updates every day. There hasn't been any.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thats what I do to, mine the last couple days says there is but keeps giving that error when it gets to the updating part. Do you have at&t or sprint?

The update is for AT&T, I can't find anywhere what the update was for though. My wife who has a Galaxy SII had the same update, so it's not just for the optimus G.

Quote Originally Posted by steev89 View Post
    thats what I do to, mine the last couple days says there is but keeps giving that error when it gets to the updating part. Do you have at&t or sprint?
    Oh I forgot that AT&T has this phone too. I have the Sprint version.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Looks like you had a bad download or the Att servers were trying to give you an update for a different phone but I could be wrong. Let me check into this update because last I heard their weren't any being pushed out for either us model
    Edit
    Just Google it and saw their was an update being pushed out. Have you rooted unlocked anything
    Rooted for life
    Thanked by:
    pdj 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I had done just a basic root on it and thought that might be the problem so I unroot it, and did a factory data reset to see if that would fix it but no luck gave the same error when i tried to update

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Worse comes to worse take it in to att show them the issue and let them either manually update it or figure out how to fix the issue.
    Rooted for life

It just happened to me in Yoigo version (i am from Spain and i was picked up in Yoigo, but i'm using Orange). That software updates are not from phone companies, they are from LG. Then it seems the only problem is the phone has root access. Yes, it's just that. I've LG Optimus G (E975) and 10d version. I rooted my phone after the first software update, then there is the second one and thats what happened. Then i googled it and i didnt find any answer of what i need. Thats what i'm doing: I use Super SU and SuperUser together cause i like some options in each one of these,so i'll try uninstalling SuperSU, and touching "Temporary Unroot" in SuperUser to see what happens, if nothing, i'll have to unroot my phone, update it, and then root it again. Try to do the same. I hope i'm helping.

*LG sends a message when the smartphone restarts after that error, post your issue with all data in order to get better answers.