Semi-bricked phone?

SteelBeat

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought an LG Optimus G the day after it came out. Aside from a few crashes(the messaging has stopped error to be exact), it was okay. Today the OS crashed when I kept trying to check my texts. So, I powered it down, tried starting it up and it wouldn't go past the LG logo screen. I took it to AT&T and they told me they wouldn't do anything and neither could LG because of a minor crack on the glass backing. The guy did say I could try loading a new ROM, however I can't do that because I can't get past the logo screen(so, I can't exactly root it). I can get to a command window type screen that tells me the battery charge level and says a picture file for the battery charging is missing. That's about it. I've tried Google. I'm still TRYING google but it hasn't had any results relevant to my situation yet. I'm pretty sure i'm out a ton of money here. Any advice?

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Did att tell you that LG wouldn't do anything or did you contact LG? They should take it cause it sounds like a problem with the OS. If they Dont you could try to look on eBay for a broken one with a good back and replace it. You can probably find a cheap one with a bad ESN or something.

darkpower_4

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My OG did this alot! I just bought the thing 2 weeks ago. (its totally dead right now for some reason). But I got it to finally turn on by trying a couple different charging methods. (Different wall chargers, cords, and finally it worked hooked up to my car dc ac converter with built in usb. (doesnt anymore now)

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you drop it and cause the crack? I don't think a crack can damage the OS if it's not deep.. I'd call customer care and try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20