Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael Pidani
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Recently my phone stopped sending/receiving mms messages, including group messaging with iPhones. The only way i can utilize mms is through the stock messaging app, or over WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pidani View Post
    Recently my phone stopped sending/receiving mms messages, including group messaging with iPhones. The only way i can utilize mms is through the stock messaging app, or over WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?
    Have you made Go SMS >Settings> MMS Settings -> Maximum MMS size>largest amount
    or try toggling
    GO SMS > Settings > Advanced > Send Settings > try MMS Group Chat selected and/or unselected
    also try unchecking perserve image resolution
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Done all of the above. Have tried provisioning the phone again, updating profile and prl, ##data in the dialer, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. I keep reading that it has something to do with me APN. Dunno...

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Have you made Go SMS >Settings> MMS Settings -> Maximum MMS size>largest amount
    or try toggling
    GO SMS > Settings > Advanced > Send Settings > try MMS Group Chat selected and/or unselected
    also try unchecking perserve image resolution
  4. #4  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pidani View Post
    Done all of the above. Have tried provisioning the phone again, updating profile and prl, ##data in the dialer, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. I keep reading that it has something to do with me APN. Dunno...
    what carrier are you on?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Sprint. Called them and they can't help. Since the stock messaging app works fine with regards to mms they say its clearly a third party app issue. there is nothing they can do for me since its not a problem with the stock messaging app

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    what carrier are you on?
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pidani View Post
    Sprint. Called them and they can't help. Since the stock messaging app works fine with regards to mms they say its clearly a third party app issue. there is nothing they can do for me since its not a problem with the stock messaging app

    .
    Do you know how to edit your apn settings? if so can you look at them and tell me what it says for APN and type
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    APN settings within the go sms app or the device itself? If you're referring to the app, than yes. Did that and got nothing. I tried downloading APN backup and restore to backup then delete old APN, and then change it to one i found online for a GS3 but was unsuccessful. Wasn't able to move the apn backup and restore app to the system.

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Do you know how to edit your apn settings? if so can you look at them and tell me what it says for APN and type
  8. #8  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pidani View Post
    APN settings within the go sms app or the device itself? If you're referring to the app, than yes. Did that and got nothing. I tried downloading APN backup and restore to backup then delete old APN, and then change it to one i found online for a GS3 but was unsuccessful. Wasn't able to move the apn backup and restore app to the system.
    settings>mobile networks>Aess point names> click on whatever point you see and it should show you the settings
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    This is the only option under mobile network. I dont see anything regarding access points. Unless I'm misreading you.

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Go SMS Pro MMS issue-uploadfromtaptalk1356768353408.jpg  
  10. #10  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pidani View Post
    This is the only option under mobile network. I dont see anything regarding access points. Unless I'm misreading you.

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    we have different phones .... are you rooted?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    I am not.

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pidani View Post
    I am not.

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    you could try rooting then you can edit your apn's manually
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    For giggles i decided to uninstall and reinstall the app. Adjust all the settings the way they should and bam!! Randomly started performing the way it should. The beauty of android. Works when it feels like working. Thanks for your time!

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    DroidXcon likes this.
  14. #14  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pidani View Post
    For giggles i decided to uninstall and reinstall the app. Adjust all the settings the way they should and bam!! Randomly started performing the way it should. The beauty of android. Works when it feels like working. Thanks for your time!

    Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
    ok glad you got it to work, have a good night
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    After performing the Uninstall/Install, did it erase all of the SMS/MMS messages?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Go SMS Pro MMS issue

    I was having the same issue... I checked the apps store and there was an update for GOSMS and after it updated I was working fine again!

    Sprint, Galaxy S3

Similar Threads

  1. go sms pro issue
    By celestelugo0 in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus V
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 08:16 PM
  2. Go SMS Pro notification issue
    By frankiaa17 in forum Motorola Droid 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM
  3. go sms pro issue?
    By thabears23 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
  4. Go SMS Pro Group Reply Issue
    By sunads in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
  5. EVO 3D and GO SMS Pro issues
    By jorgesicas#AC in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions