Go SMS Pro MMS issue

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Recently my phone stopped sending/receiving mms messages, including group messaging with iPhones. The only way i can utilize mms is through the stock messaging app, or over WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Recently my phone stopped sending/receiving mms messages, including group messaging with iPhones. The only way i can utilize mms is through the stock messaging app, or over WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?

Have you made Go SMS >Settings> MMS Settings -> Maximum MMS size>largest amount
or try toggling
GO SMS > Settings > Advanced > Send Settings > try MMS Group Chat selected and/or unselected
also try unchecking perserve image resolution

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Done all of the above. Have tried provisioning the phone again, updating profile and prl, ##data in the dialer, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. I keep reading that it has something to do with me APN. Dunno...

Have you made Go SMS >Settings> MMS Settings -> Maximum MMS size>largest amount
or try toggling
GO SMS > Settings > Advanced > Send Settings > try MMS Group Chat selected and/or unselected
also try unchecking perserve image resolution

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sprint. Called them and they can't help. Since the stock messaging app works fine with regards to mms they say its clearly a third party app issue. there is nothing they can do for me since its not a problem with the stock messaging app

Do you know how to edit your apn settings? if so can you look at them and tell me what it says for APN and type

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
APN settings within the go sms app or the device itself? If you're referring to the app, than yes. Did that and got nothing. I tried downloading APN backup and restore to backup then delete old APN, and then change it to one i found online for a GS3 but was unsuccessful. Wasn't able to move the apn backup and restore app to the system.

Do you know how to edit your apn settings? if so can you look at them and tell me what it says for APN and type

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
APN settings within the go sms app or the device itself? If you're referring to the app, than yes. Did that and got nothing. I tried downloading APN backup and restore to backup then delete old APN, and then change it to one i found online for a GS3 but was unsuccessful. Wasn't able to move the apn backup and restore app to the system.

settings>mobile networks>Aess point names> click on whatever point you see and it should show you the settings

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
This is the only option under mobile network. I dont see anything regarding access points. Unless I'm misreading you.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356768353408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356768353408.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 361
Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
For giggles i decided to uninstall and reinstall the app. Adjust all the settings the way they should and bam!! Randomly started performing the way it should. The beauty of android. Works when it feels like working. Thanks for your time!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
For giggles i decided to uninstall and reinstall the app. Adjust all the settings the way they should and bam!! Randomly started performing the way it should. The beauty of android. Works when it feels like working. Thanks for your time!

ok glad you got it to work, have a good night

Mick Mick

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same issue... I checked the apps store and there was an update for GOSMS and after it updated I was working fine again!

Sprint, Galaxy S3