Sprint update

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone updated to the new version? I keep pressing update software but nothing is there anyway to force it? I am rooted

Attachments

• 2013-01-10-12-32-15.jpg
    2013-01-10-12-32-15.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 129

Larry Thomas

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
No update yet for me either (not rooted). Looking at the enhancement list above I don't understand what 'LCD 2nd source' means. Anyone know?

chipr#AC

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I installed the update. The ONLY effect I've seen so far is that I lost root on my phone.

I suspect it's a minor bugfix release. I don't see any changes or improvements -- definitely not Jelly Bean.

BE WARNED: I have not been able to re-root the phone. Using the procedure in the sticky thread, I get the prompt on the phone to do the restore, I get popup messages on the phone saying restore starts and a few seconds later restore finishes ... but then nothing. Before, the next step is that it would reboot. Now it's just sitting there.

Would appreciate it if anybody has any information on this, or pointers to alternate rooting methods.

Warlord721

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
The latest ZV9 OTA update can't be rooted (so far). If you want to have ZV9 and root you will have to LGNPST back to older version reroot/unlock and load up one of the ROMs over at XDA.

This update fixes the texting bug where it jumps back to the beginning of textbox AFAIK, among other things.

Also Sprint pushes updates out in small batches, if you have haven't gotten the notification yet, you will soon...

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What does lcd second source mean? I upgraded this morning too and it seems that it has fixed the texting issue.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've updated to zv9 and ever since I can't send mms is anyone else having this issue?

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
yesterday i was having a ton of issues sending mms and regular sms. my phone kept saying it was unable to send or was taking a long time to send and my friends would get duplicates.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I found out that the root of my problem was the ad block plus app I downloaded from the market. Apparently it blocked my WiFi and my mms and other things maybe. :thumbup:

ImGreen

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got this update pushed to me. And I confirm the version number updated. All good. Anyone discover anything interesting or useful about this update?