Screen not Gorilla Glass?

johnner1999

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Reason I ask is I just switched over to Android from iPhone (5+ years) and all after 3 days I have noticed the screen is VERY scratched (not deep) all over the place. I keep the phone in my pocket (free from change or keys most of the time) ? with all of the iPhones I have had - I have never seen a screen like this (note I did drop an iPhone once and it spidered).

Am I being a bit over optimistic or should I just STFU :)

oh - I have a Optimus G on AT&T? and I assume the Nexus 4 has the same screen/problems?

megamaster5

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you have pictures? It happens but it shouldn't be that bad.. Is there a button on your pants above the pocket that your screen may be hitting? That's what happened to my old one.

johnner1999

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
i'll try to take some photos... - not in jean, just "normal" cotton type pants... very disappointed I must say.

thanks for the info folks.

Agimax

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Found more on Gorilla Glass 2

FAQs LINK:CORNING? GORILLA? GLASS | FAQS

How is Corning? Gorilla? Glass 2 different?

Gorilla Glass 2 can be up to 20 percent thinner than the original, but still just as tough. This exceptional thinness enables greater design possibilities for slimmer and sleeker devices with brighter images and improved touch sensitivity. Gorilla Glass 2 is elegant and lightweight, but scratch resistant and durable enough to withstand the unexpected abuses of everyday life.

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I carry mine in my pocket all the time, and have had no issues with scratching yet.

Thanks for the research/link Agimax... Makes it sound like they didn't cheap out, just provided the same strength in a thinner package. Makes sense with this thin phone.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I always use a screen protector and a case and after 1.5 or 2 years my phones look very close to being new. It's a small price to pay to protect the investment in the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc