Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Is the the Optimus the most under rated Android device? Or am I missing something?

In conclusion: If you don't care too much about branding, photos, LG is a good choice beside Samsung, don't just listen to review on the internet, try it for a few minutes for your best experience with the phone
    Actually don't feel let down, most of the reliable review sites have very positive reviews of this phone

If you check out the XDA forums, there's some awesome options & development, including basically turning your phone into the Nexus 4, but keeping lte and the extra expandable memory
    Sadly, this depends on what carrier you're on. The support for the Bell/Rogers Canadian LGOG is pretty sparse, and what ROMs do exist there are aren't bug free. I had to basically pull teeth with pliars just to get someone to post even a basic root method for it just because they were scared LG would find out and make his phone harder to root after the JB update : \
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Default Re: Is the the Optimus the most under rated Android device? Or am I missing something?

If it were late December i would have said this phone is the most underrated phone on the market. But now i would find it hard to recommend to my enemies. My main issues with this phone are radio specifically the lte radio battery life and camera. All of which are just bad on the Sprint version it seems as if lg hasn't learned from their past mistakes the lg 4xhd inability for the camera to properly focus. In 5 minutes that it took me to post this message my phone drained from 15% to 2%. And radio wow its bad when an iPhone 5 holds a stronger lte signal and connects quicker you know a phone has issues. I wanted to love this phone it has many strengths from the fast processor and gpu to the great screen but i feel as if it's let down by the little touches that make a phone great like software. Early on i found it hard to believe those that said LG is loading this phone with great hardware to hide their janky software, but sadly now it looks like thats exactly what they did
    Rooted for life

And to release a phone with ICS, come on. I have this phone but don't use it for the issues with ICS. Its a beast of a phone, but lacks JB and starts to get boring after a while. I don't root my phones but if they don't hurry up (Sprint) and release JB, I may sell the phone.

Sent from my XT603 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

The quick settings bar that scrolls sideways is still there when I tried it with Nova launcher. I just tried it.

very good phone fast and nice display music is ok
    external material except for the screen is cheap

I am sorry to disagree with YourMobileGuru.
    I have installed Nova Launcher and the notification works exactly as with the stock launcher .
    My optimus G E975 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2

I own an Optimus G. I have since December. Even before the JB update, this phone has been a monster.

It blows thebS3;out of the water. The build, the display, the UI, connectivity, everyrhing.

Don't listen to the S3 fanboys.

My wife has an S3, and we have used thwm side by side for months.

My OG outworks, outplays, and just out performs the S3 in every way.

I saw one post that cut down the OG because of exchange email and ringtones...

Ringtones? Its Android.....lmao.

Now w JB on it, it is even better.

The S3 is over rated.

OG is the best phone on the market right now hands down

I agree I owned the S3 and the OG the OG is the most underated phone I have ever seen really partly LG fault for not promoting this super phone like the S3 was. But I dont agree with the S3 being overrated it does some great things especially with gestures. Battery life was great and u can expand memory which is a plus. Anyway im using a note2 now which is a completely different machine lol. But I do agree the OG is the only phone I would give up my note for no doubt.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I have the note 2 and had the lgog and s3 before it. Without a doubt other than the camera the lgog is better than the s3 but then again we are talking about a phone that was launched in the fall to compared to a phone that is almost a year old. My main gripes with the lgog were camera feel in hand and software specifically the radio. Compared to the note2 the lgog is still a beast the qualcomm s4 pro is a monster but I will use the note every day due to the battery life and software. I hope LG can fix their camera software and through in a very large battery on the lgog2 and I will seriously consider it
    Rooted for life

I love this phone minus the camera. It is fast as all get out, the battery lasts me all day with medium to heavy use. The radio gets me a signal in my house that I can actually call people on and hold the conversation(my Epic 4G Touch could barely get a txt out as I had to lay it on a counter and step away to get a signal.) Screen is beautiful!!! Touch is great and very responsive and form factor is super comfortable.

The camera's focus issue sucks but I'm getting used to it. The lack of an SD card kinda sucks, especially with Dolphin coming but being on unlimited Sprint 4GLTE I have no issue keeping the internal memory clear as I upload vid's and pics instantly.

Loving the phone and it'll be hard to give it up for the HTC One, but my fiancee can't wait to get her hands on it LOL so I know it wont be far away.

I have had both and had no problems setting up exchange on the LG. It is hands downs the best phone I have owned to date. Jelly Bean has made it even faster and smoother.

Global Posts
    2,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Different strokes for different folks. I'm selling my iPhone 5 just cause I want another phone but better battery life. I was deciding on trying Windows Phone again since they're picking up steam, but I compared my current apps to their market place and still couldn't justify it. So I decided on either the S3, the Note 2, or the Motorola Atrix HD (price mainly). I liked the Note 2, but not the size. The S3 has always caught my eye, but way too many people have that phone (I tend to steer away from mainstream things). My partner and I went into an AT&T store to try and help us decide on which phones to pick (He's moving from an iPhone 5 as well), and he pointed out: "Why don't you get this LG Optimus?" I spent some time with it and it was so fluid. I overlooked this phone because I liked the design of the Optimus G Pro better (but not the size). But the interface is so fluid. And the price is amazingly low on ebay. This will be my phone if/when my iPhone sells
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...

I honestly think the G is the most underrated phone I'm in love with this thing its the best phone I've ever had I also had the choice of the htc one x the S3 and the Note and I have not referred it since all my friends with those phones that I passed up can't ever wait to play on mine its lighting fast and has a lot of gadgets if ur in to that kind of thing. If I could change a couple things it would be 1. Camera 2. The ui or theme I have the AT&T version and the camera and skin does not go well with this flagship device Can't wait for the pro but I think ill wait for the sequel.Sent from my Big bad Optimus G......

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I am actually looking at the Optimus G Pro that was announced today and the reason I am posting in the OG threads is becuase, well there is no one in the OG Pro threads. . . yet. That said I am trying to get some insight into LG's QC, updates consistency, and dev support. I am looking for a nice device that has a big screen, I had the GN2, but the lack of internal storage about 10.8GB was a non usable issue for me and I sold it.

Changing to AT&T so I can live a more GSM friendly life and the OG Pro and S4 are top contenders for me. UI is important from a usability standpoint, I and the once thing I don't want is a bloated UI that slows things down and there is some concern that the S4 is experiencing that and some say it isn't.

Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    2,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Sold my iPhone 5. I really want the Optimus G Pro, but was trying to get the HTC One since it was slightly cheaper. But then my partner pointed this phone out to me. I ignored it initially because I wanted the back of the phone to look like the Nexus 4, but the phone is slick. Bought one on ebay for like $280 used and it looks like new. Updating phone now to Jellybean
    Currently sitting WITHOUT phone envy...
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Sold my iPhone 5. I really want the Optimus G Pro, but was trying to get the HTC One since it was slightly cheaper. But then my partner pointed this phone out to me. I ignored it initially because I wanted the back of the phone to look like the Nexus 4, but the phone is slick. Bought one on ebay for like $280 used and it looks like new. Updating phone now to Jellybean
    Yeah I.got mine on eBay too except mine was new in box but about $100 less than retail.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

I bought my LG Optimus G on 5/10/13.

I upgraded to JB 4.1.2 almost immediately. The AT&Fee sales rep told me other G owners had issues after the update but I figured it had been a month since release so I decided to chance it. After I updated, the only issue I came across was a location issue. Nav and Maps knew EXACTLY where I was but Google’s homepage in my mobile browser and Speedtest both thought my phone was in France.

A factory reset fixed the issue. Both updating the OS and reloading 216 apps (forgot to use a back up app – DOH!) took NO TIME on the G over an LTE connection.

My last phone was a 2+ year old HTC Inspire running GB. Moving to the G was like going from an aging Camry to a new Lexus.

I do a lot of photography and viewing images taken with my DSLR uploaded to Dropbox look INCREDIBLE on this display. My microSD card is from my HTC and full of images from that phone. The Inspire did a better job at capture but the G does a MUCH better job at displaying those images.

Yes, the camera is not that great but it does not suck. This is not an issue for me. If I want a “real” image, I’ll use my Nikon.

So my personal cons are:
    - Camera is meh (though the retouching software does help make up for a lot).
    - Ambient light sensor is kind of wonky (I tend to adjust the brightness manually as needed using widget).
    - Gmail app force closes when using the in-app back button to return to message list from within an open e-mail (using the capactive back button at the bottom of the display is a viable work around – I have already sent off bug reports to LG and Google).
    - Cannot seem to get Swiftkey to fully take as the default keyboard (I get a notification asking me to select input method in my notification bar when using certain apps)

Pros (there are more but these are the obvious ones imo):
    - $100 cheaper than both HTC One and SGS IV with comparable performance (HTC One has a nicer display technically speaking)
    - MicroSD slot (I had one on my HTC Inspire so it was nice to have the option of moving the card to this phone)
    - Display, display, display
    - Build quality (I like the weight and solidity of this phone)
    - Plenty of horsepower (1st LTE phone with Krait quad core Snapdragon); relatively the same guts as the Nexus 4
    - Battery life (My charge was at 48% after 20 hours on battery - though that included being unplugged on stand-by over night with WiFi and data off).

So let me say upfront that I am a big fan of both HTC and Samsung. I needed a new phone and the long and short of it was this was the best phone for the “money” the day I walked into my AT&T store. They gave me $100 for my Inspire effectively making this a free phone (and a hell of a free phone at that).

Had $200 been burning a hole in my pocket, sure I probably would have gone for the HTC One but I do not regret getting the OG. It was not an impulse buy. The week before I read every review (user and tech media) I could find on the phone and the overall consensus was this was a solid effort from LG.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I am eligible for a 2nd upgrade in July and I am thinking about still getting the One (or a Nexus phone). If I do, the OG may become my back up phone or, who knows, maybe it will be the other way around.

I was just in a Sprint store the other day, I was really impressed by this phone. I like it more than the HTC One which was what I was going there to look at. If I'm not mistaken the Optimus G is free on contract at Best Buy. Or $200-250 used unlocked. Either one seems like a great deal

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Honestly I was not impressed before with this phone but my wife wanted it soo bad because she watched a koreanovela and inloved with the phone they were using there. it turned out that it was a LG Optimus G, so when she spotted it in LG store we bought it. Upon browsing it I was impressed how good it is. The build quality is superb! I think LG needs to advertise more. LGOG is a very good phone but they are not making enough noise over HTC and Samsung.
    RenoD2010 likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12