- 10 Posts
Root and OTA
Ok so i just got the Optimus G for Sprint today and activated it and everything. Got some apps on it and then decided ok time to root. I rooted using the RootOptimusG.bat and the 'stuff' folder root (dont know if thats the official name lol) anyway root successful, got superSU and clockworkmod. now i know my next step was to backup the stock rom so that incase i flashed a custom rom i can always go back. well during this time i decided to update the phone because it was bothering me (OTA) so i went ahead and did it and THEN when i went to backup the stock rom, the GAIO program told me that it wasnt rooted. I still have superSU on here (Ive tried everything to delete it and nothing). So can anyone help me out?
- 02-05-2013, 03:44 PM #2
- 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM #3
- 360 Posts
- tdm's AOKP ICS
Re: Root and OTA
Indeed -- if you updated to ZV9 you lost root. You can root again with the ZV9-specific root method over on XDA.
Keep in mind, if you unlock your bootloader, do NOT do OTA updates unless you use LGNPST to revert to stock ZV7 first. You will end up with a soft brick.
- By Stides in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2012, 06:47 PM
- By Jay20 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 08-03-2012, 02:07 PM
- By jrollyd in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 4Last Post: 10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
- By infennon in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 09-11-2011, 05:55 PM
- By jaybro0813 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 03-24-2011, 11:51 PM