- 18 Posts
Battery charge message
Hi all, I'm new to the Android world (and new to smartphones in general). Trying to catch up on about 7 years worth of mobile tech, so please bear with me. I'm very happy with my LG Optimus G, but when I charge it via wall outlet, I keep getting a message that says "Battery is charging slowly due to low electric current of TA/USB connection." I don't understand what this means. It does seem to charge way slow, though. I'm using the factory charger that came with the phone (Sprint model). I can charge it in the car with a car charger and indeed it does charge more rapidly and I don't get that message. This is not only annoying, but I assume that since I'm getting that message about it every time I plug it in, something is not right. Thoughts/help?
- 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM #2
- 02-09-2013, 10:34 AM #3
- 9 Posts
Re: Battery charge message
You shouldn't see this when you use the wall outlet. It's the wall charger that is likely bad, not the phone.
If you use a computer usb to charge, you'll see this message, but shouldn't for the wall.
Take the charger back to the store and ask for a new one.
Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums
- By csierra72 in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
- By dakis#AC in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 8Last Post: 01-24-2010, 09:38 AM
- By grifforama in forum HTC HeroReplies: 3Last Post: 12-15-2009, 09:55 AM
- By roguephoenix#AC in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2009, 06:01 AM
- By cjohnson481 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2009, 07:49 PM