1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LGOG Wall Charger Specs (and/or others)

Haven't been able to find Electrical Specs on the LG wall charger that comes with the device. A relative just bought the LGOG (Sprint) and asked me to find an auto charger or inverter to use while on-the-road.

She also uses a tablet and laptop while traveling so need to ascertain the OG's electrical "needs" as she'll likely be charging more than one device concurrently.

Anyone out there able to help out? Basically need to know the amperage/wattage, etc. And if by chance it uses a special or proprietary type data cable like some other devices use. My guess being the OG draws fair amount >= 1.0A

Thanks. Appreciated.

NSE

Default Re: LGOG Wall Charger Specs (and/or others)

Well i have the att version but im sure its the same on both. The charger is a usb port woth a usb cable. All usb ports are 5 volts. Output

I don't understand electrical stuff really but will the specs printed on the charger help?

Mine (Canadian version of the LGOG but it's about the same as the Sprint one) shows:

Input
    100-240V~50/60Hz 0.2A

Output
    5.0V == 1.2A

The cable connects to the phone via standard micro-USB connection.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. Helps some.

Doesn't seem to have any special charger or cable requirements -- it's taken everything I've thrown at it, unlike my wife's older Motorola that only liked the stock charger.

The stock charger supplies up to 1.2A. I regularly use my 1.9A kindle fire charger but it doesn't seem the phone will draw more than about 900mA in either case. You can also use a standard 500mA USB port but you'll get the slow charging message on the phone.