I was wondering if any of you with the OG thought about putting wireless charging in your phone. I've been researching but dont want to possibly brick the phone by trying to solder some sort of contacts to the usb. So I had a thought....the Nexus 4 is basically the same as the optimus g with an induction coil. So i researched to find a picture of the coil. What do i see....the NFC and induction coil are one. So technically you can get a Nexus 4 NFC/coil part and slap it in your OG and bam......wireless charging. No soldering or anything. Just a part swap. The only thing I'm wondering about is if ....because i know nothing a bout programming .....the NFC is tied to the one ohone or can it just be changed out at a whim. Here's a pic. See that two pins are used for the coil and the other two for NFC.
- By want a droid in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 2Last Post: 03-22-2011, 06:10 PM
- By RetiredJedi in forum Thunderbolt AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
- By panicprone77 in forum Thunderbolt AccessoriesReplies: 21Last Post: 03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
- By panicprone77 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 12Last Post: 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
- By phantomog in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 11Last Post: 02-15-2011, 12:15 PM