Lg optimus G e970 push ads not detected by antivirus or airpish detectors!

jimboslice88

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Lg Optimus G in late December 2012. I loved it and still do, but now I'm getting some ads in what looks to be Japanese. I have tried every antivirus and anti-airpush app I can find. None even find anything suspicious. The ads are similar to airpush(notifications indicated by an orange star) but when I tap them, I'm prompted to install something, which I of course decline

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Lg Optimus G in late December 2012. I loved it and still do, but now I'm getting some ads in what looks to be Japanese. I have tried every antivirus and anti-airpush app I can find. None even find anything suspicious. The ads are similar to airpush(notifications indicated by an orange star) but when I tap them, I'm prompted to install something, which I of course decline

Did it happened recently?? If yes, did you install any non trustable applications? Try this air push detector. It works fine on my phone. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.brosmike.airpushdetector&token=GTAk0pFl

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

reddragon72

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't do a reset.... Look at the last app you installed and investigate and work backwards. Also an app that auto updated may have added that "feature". Normally you can find the offending app in system setting>apps>running and be sure to hit the menu button and look at the cached processes too. If it's running and pushing ads it'll be in there.

bobdob

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
IF you have JB, you can long-press on the notification and choose "App info" to see what app it came from. In the app info screen you now have a checkbox to disable the notifications if you want do to that instead of blocking its internet access with a firewall or uninstalling it with extreme prejudice :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde