1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped.

After pressing phone icon this appears? "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. "
    I can't make any out going phone calls. I have done a factor reset, turned off sync, cleared data . Android software at 4.1.2. None of that has fixed the problem.

How would I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks for the help or solution
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped.

Bring phone to Sprint store . pay $50 for a like new phone . This fixes the problem, HA

If you have haxsync or another contact syncing service, uninstall it and then try. Haxsync was causing it for me.

backup everything, then reset to factory defaults. works fine !

Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. how to solve this problem plz help me

Quote Originally Posted by realdfbacon View Post
    After pressing phone icon this appears? "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. "
    I can't make any out going phone calls. I have done a factor reset, turned off sync, cleared data . Android software at 4.1.2. None of that has fixed the problem.

How would I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks for the help or solution

Unfortunately contacts stopped

That's odd. My mom's was doing this today but mine was fine. I just cleared the RAM and it was fine. It also kept dropping calls.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Just go to the place where you view ALL apps in your phone...and you will need to look near the bottom of the list despite the alphabetical order for disabled apps to find the app called Contacts Storage. You will see that it is disabled. So ENABLE it. And go on with your life.

Of course, a hard reset will fix it temporarily but what a pain in the **** that is, and you lose a lot of things when you do that. It is the lazy support suggestion for a fix...my fix is not going to be permanent, I suspect. However it takes a few seconds to do and it brings it back into operation immediately with no data loss what-so-ever. Now the bug that causes this must be defined and fix for a permanent solution but meanwhile this works very well.

Usha None of these recommendations are right. Just go to the place where you view ALL apps in your phone...and you will need to look near the bottom of the list despite the alphabetical order for disabled apps to find the app called Contacts Storage. You will see that it is disabled. So ENABLE it. And go on with your life.

Of course, a hard reset will fix it temporarily but what a pain in the **** that is, and you lose a lot of things when you do that. It is the lazy support suggestion for a fix...my fix is not going to be permanent, I suspect. However it takes a few seconds to do and it brings it back into operation immediately with no data loss what-so-ever. Now the bug that causes this must be defined and fix for a permanent solution but meanwhile this works very well. Jo