Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped.

realdfbacon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
After pressing phone icon this appears? "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. "
I can't make any out going phone calls. I have done a factor reset, turned off sync, cleared data . Android software at 4.1.2. None of that has fixed the problem.

How would I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks for the help or solution

usha bansal

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
After pressing phone icon this appears? "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped. "
I can't make any out going phone calls. I have done a factor reset, turned off sync, cleared data . Android software at 4.1.2. None of that has fixed the problem.

How would I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks for the help or solution

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. My mom's was doing this today but mine was fine. I just cleared the RAM and it was fine. It also kept dropping calls.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Joanna Hargis

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Just go to the place where you view ALL apps in your phone...and you will need to look near the bottom of the list despite the alphabetical order for disabled apps to find the app called Contacts Storage. You will see that it is disabled. So ENABLE it. And go on with your life.

Of course, a hard reset will fix it temporarily but what a pain in the **** that is, and you lose a lot of things when you do that. It is the lazy support suggestion for a fix...my fix is not going to be permanent, I suspect. However it takes a few seconds to do and it brings it back into operation immediately with no data loss what-so-ever. Now the bug that causes this must be defined and fix for a permanent solution but meanwhile this works very well.

Joanna Hargis

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Usha None of these recommendations are right. Just go to the place where you view ALL apps in your phone...and you will need to look near the bottom of the list despite the alphabetical order for disabled apps to find the app called Contacts Storage. You will see that it is disabled. So ENABLE it. And go on with your life.

Of course, a hard reset will fix it temporarily but what a pain in the **** that is, and you lose a lot of things when you do that. It is the lazy support suggestion for a fix...my fix is not going to be permanent, I suspect. However it takes a few seconds to do and it brings it back into operation immediately with no data loss what-so-ever. Now the bug that causes this must be defined and fix for a permanent solution but meanwhile this works very well. Jo

lhendri1

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the various suggestions. Unfortunately none have worked in my case. I did ensure the contact storage service was running, and did purge both contacts and contact storage.

My contacts stop pretty much 100% of the time when viewing an Exchange based contact, but will work fine with Gmail and LinkedIn. Any suggestions other than a factory reset that would cause me to lose too much app data?

David Corson

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I get this "UNFORTUNATELY, CONTACTS HAS STOPPED" error message every time I try to save a contact via "SUPER-PAGES 5.0 APP." Everything else works fine with "Superpages 5.0 APP." It's just when trying to save a contact to my phone is when I get this, "UNFORTUNATELY, CONTACTS HAS STOPPED." I never had this issue with the Previous versions of Superpages apps. I have the LG-Enact. Is there anyone out there that know why this is happening? I even did a "hard reset" on my phone, downloaded the app, and I still get this message when trying to save a contact.

Steve Fual

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
On my non-rooted Note 2 phone I had disabled "LogsProvider" in the hunt to eliminate spyware and crapware which gave exactly these symptoms.
Odd that Samsung/Google have all sorts of bundled crapware that they dont allow you to disable but LogsProvider which bars the phone from making calls and crashes the call app is OK to disable.

tlaswell

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I had that once, don't what fixed it, maybe a reboot. Now I'm getting Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped. Even after a reboot. Happens whenever I hit the menu button. I think it started happening after the latest store update. Maybe it isn't supposed to run on old Jelly Bean phones? Give me KitKat ATT.

Posted via Android Central App on my LG Optimus G E970

Akash Arora

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
1. install pc suit and lg mobile support.
2. now connect your phone with pc.
3. open mobile support tool wait for while and click on install software.
4. wait wait wait when it complete your phone will restart and all issues will fix.

for more information or software download related to your issue try this link i can't upload link directly because i m new user so i used trick
just copy link given below past in address bar remove + sign from link and enter
freepcforanything.blogspot+.in/2015/08/software-solution.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith