Trying to unbrick LG Optimus G ATT

solostatz

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
im stuck on step 6 when i search the kdz nothing shows up... what am i doing wrong? i opened the kdz file and enter my phone model and serial number and then the program just freezes. what am i doing wrong or what else can i do to unbrick my phone? help please.....

1) Download the latest KDZ from LG's server for your phone via the app below (kudos to the creator)

Original LG Firmware.rar

2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed, otherwise download from below

LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN38AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.8.1(0)_4.9.8.1.zip

3) Download LG KDZ Updater

KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.rar

4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file

wipe.rar

5) Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
Phone Mode: CS_Emergency
KDZ file: navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ from the step (1)

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

7) Your phone will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed to use the phone as per normal.

However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow wasn't wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining 'dirty', thus causing bootloop or security infringement.

8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.

9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.

10) Put the phone into recovery mode by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.

11) With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to execute the wipe command.

12) Your phone will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.

Coll Manson

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
hey man i just figured it out through xda.
during bootloop hold volume down and power until it turns off. hold volume up and power until you get into fastboot. press volume down two times and press power. you should boot into recovery and flash a rom or restore a backup.

ShtevenKha

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey, could you please help me with this? I have the same problem as you did. I can get into recovery, but what do I do after that? How do I flash a rom?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance