Disappearing texts

The Empress

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
A brand new (week old) LGOG on Sprint's network and SMS is unusable. It took a handful of calls and several hours the first day to even get SMS to work at all. What it was doing was receiving texts but could not send OR, it would get into a loop and continually send the same text over and over and over and over. A day of messing with that and we thought it was fixed. But so far on at least 2 instances texts that were received actually vanished w/o being deleted. They're gone. And now it's periodically getting into that loop again and furiously sending the same message out over and over and over. Repeated sessions with 'customer support' and innumerable updates from Sprint have only made it worse. This was a replacement on an existing account - an upgrade from an iPhone 4. So it clearly all worked fine before. At this point my only remedy is to swap it out for another phone - decidedly NOT another LGOG, maybe a Samsung or HTC or anything else, really. Or just junk the whole line and get new service from another carrier. I mean, ok, it's Sprint so no one's hoping for service in the same league as AT&T circa 1999 or anything space-age like that, but come on, can't get SMS to work? Either it's the worst phone on the planet or the worst mating of a phone and network ever.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, its only been a week so you can just swap it out and get a different phone if you want. Usually Sprint's policy (assuming that's where you got it from) is 14 days.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non linear, non subjective point of view its more like a ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff." - the Doctor

The Empress

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering if it's the phone, the phone and the network together, or the network alone since everyone is profoundly clueless and indifferent. Maybe dumping Sprint is the best course of action.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000