Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Low quality contact photos

Just got my Optimus G for ATT and the contact photos are low quality. I thought this was an issue fixed in 4.1.2. Does everyone else have this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Low quality contact photos

Yes sadly..

Posted via Android Central App

Yes. And the cover photo in music player also low quality.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Low res contact photos are something that has always bugged me as well. I heard that Google starting supporting higher res profile pics, so I started changing the profile pics in my Google Contacts. When the new pics synced to my Optimus G, I found that some were high res, and some were still low res crap. What I found is that only contacts marked as favorites will sync high res photos. Makes no sense, but whatever.

Now obviously you don't want all your contacts to be favorites, so the workaround is to mark the contact as a favorite, change the profile pic, let it sync to your phone and the un-favorite that contact. The high res contact pic should stay on your phone from that point on.

Low res contact photos are something that has always bugged me as well. I heard that Google starting supporting higher res profile pics, so I started changing the profile pics in my Google Contacts. When the new pics synced to my Optimus G, I found that some were high res, and some were still low res crap. What I found is that only contacts marked as favorites will sync high res photos. Makes no sense, but whatever.

Now obviously you don't want all your contacts to be favorites, so the workaround is to mark the contact as a favorite, change the profile pic, let it sync to your phone and the un-favorite that contact. The high res contact pic should stay on your phone from that point on.

Thanks, that's something I've been wondering for long time till now

You don't need to put your contacts as favorites you just need to open the contact once in the address book and then close it. Note address book and not dialer.

At least it's like this on my Nexus 5. One annoying thing is that sometimes photo sync doesn't work and in those cases the only thing I've notice that fixes it is to wipe contact system app data and let it pull down fresh data from Google.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro