LG's radios and Hotspot apps?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I first put this in the LG G2 fourm because that is what I want to get but I got no reply. Figured it would go better in a forum with people already using LG phones. Thanks in advance.

The last LG phone I owned was a flip phones years ago so I have no idea how good the radios are on the LG Smartphones.

Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and truly I love the phone and since I got it on release date I have not had any major problems with it. But the battery down right sucks and the radios are not great! I thought about the S4 when it came out but pretty much hearing the same about its radios too.

So people who have had LG phones what do y'all think about the radios? I hear Moto's are the best but really loving everything on this G2.

One more question, right now I use the SVTP app to turn my phone into a Hotspot without paying the monthly fee. Have also seen people mention FoxFi a lot to do the same (both without root). Anybody know if LG supports these two apps? Or any other app that can do the same thing?

Wayne173

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Well the Optimus G is my first LG phone and i think the radios are pretty good. My last phone was from Moto and the radios on that phone were solid. LG can use some work but not much. You should be happy with the radio performance.

As far as hotspot apps...i stopped trying to find a work around to get free hotspot. I tried Foxfi but it didn't work with my phone. Well i didn't try very hard to get ot to work because it has merged with PdaNet and i just got frustrated and deleted it. I also realized i had no need for it.

LG has come a long way in the premium smartphone category (although some say they carbon copied Samsung). I like my G and will most likely get the G2.

Posted via The OG

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Well the Optimus G is my first LG phone and i think the radios are pretty good. My last phone was from Moto and the radios on that phone were solid. LG can use some work but not much. You should be happy with the radio performance.

As far as hotspot apps...i stopped trying to find a work around to get free hotspot. I tried Foxfi but it didn't work with my phone. Well i didn't try very hard to get ot to work because it has merged with PdaNet and i just got frustrated and deleted it. I also realized i had no need for it.

LG has come a long way in the premium smartphone category (although some say they carbon copied Samsung). I like my G and will most likely get the G2.

Posted via The OG

Would really like to know about the apps because I do use the Hotspot often with the kiddos on long drives and their Kindle Fire and nexus 7.

But thanks for the info I am really looking forward to trying the G2 out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol