Two problems: cracked glass with lock screen (cant backup)/booted into recovery and can't get out

La Jaunie

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Pretty straightforward...i cannot get into my phone...lock screen keeps even a usb cable based backup from working. Screen is cracked in such a way I cannot use it.

I could see screen until about 20 minutes ago eventhough I could not control phone with touch. So i enter into recovery mode...now it wont go out of it because home screen button does not work. Crap.

Any ideas to:

a) get out of recovery mode with only the volume buttons and the power button?

b) recover with lock screen active

Thanks!!

BadWrapJohnny

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
same boat, same creek... no paddle? is there anything? mine is a stock LG LS970(no rooting) set to USB charge only, with password on lock screen. I've been in download mode and was able to get out of it, but only to be stuck in recovery again. I've tried many key combos, taking the main batt out alone, as well as both main and b/u, for both long and short time spans.

Ive found that many owners in same creek with same boat, were able to not go into recovery before connecting a(n) USB mouse and maneuver around their phone w/ shattered andd unresponsive screen but obviously visible.

PLEASE! HELP! NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET OUT OF RECOVRY W/ unresponsive shattered screen. Any lead to a paddle or at least some rubber boots, would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sonofaperson

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Pretty straightforward...i cannot get into my phone...lock screen keeps even a usb cable based backup from working. Screen is cracked in such a way I cannot use it.

I could see screen until about 20 minutes ago eventhough I could not control phone with touch. So i enter into recovery mode...now it wont go out of it because home screen button does not work. Crap.

Any ideas to:

a) get out of recovery mode with only the volume buttons and the power button?

b) recover with lock screen active

Thanks!!

OK so what model? I thought (with the samsung galaxy player at least) the home button selects. And if u can use the power button, try a hard reset. And if u have something precious on it, try connecting it to the computer, go to mounts and storage, and mount USB storage. I think. If it's game data, well, just hope Google play backs it up. If it's money or something.... As far as I know, ur screwed =l

Sonofaperson

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
same boat, same creek... no paddle? is there anything? mine is a stock LG LS970(no rooting) set to USB charge only, with password on lock screen. I've been in download mode and was able to get out of it, but only to be stuck in recovery again. I've tried many key combos, taking the main batt out alone, as well as both main and b/u, for both long and short time spans.

Ive found that many owners in same creek with same boat, were able to not go into recovery before connecting a(n) USB mouse and maneuver around their phone w/ shattered andd unresponsive screen but obviously visible.

PLEASE! HELP! NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET OUT OF RECOVRY W/ unresponsive shattered screen. Any lead to a paddle or at least some rubber boots, would be GREATLY appreciated!

Recovery should be based on volume keys and power/home buttons. Unless u have touch version of cwm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance