- 2 Posts
Losing my apps!
Hi. I have had my att optimus g for 6 months and love it besides two things. I broke the back glass the day I purchased it and I lost my google maps. Every once in a while, after an app updates automatically through wifi, the app's shortcut will just disappear. It has happened to about 4 apps now. 3 of the times I just went to the play store and installed the apps again and everything was OK. However, I can't find a way to do this with google maps because I can't find where to download it. I downloaded an app called "nav launcher" and it will take me to google maps and the navigation. So it is still installed on my phone but I cannot find direct way to google maps in either the home or the app menu. I thank you for any suggestions.
- 09-27-2013, 01:26 AM #2
- 6,889 Posts
Re: Losing my apps!
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the apps themselves are disappearing, or just the shortcut on the homescreen? Remember that apps that you see on your homescreen are only shortcuts, and if they disappear, the apps themselves are probably still installed. You can see all installed apps by bringing up your App Drawer (usually the circular icon in the middle of the bottom tray). Find Maps there, press and hold, then drag it back to your homescreen.
App shortcuts sometimes disappear from the homescreen after an update because the icon might have changed, or it may have been a major update.
Another way to tell if the app is still installed is to go to Google Play and search for the app. If the buttons say "Open" and "Uninstall," then the app is already installed on your phone.
- By StrelokRussia in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2013, 09:37 PM
- By lcjp in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 10Last Post: 09-29-2013, 12:40 PM
- By enderwhal in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-28-2013, 11:23 PM
- By Carlton Sylvester in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 0Last Post: 09-27-2013, 12:47 AM
- By sfenzo in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-26-2013, 10:24 PM