Losing my apps!

bengclose

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have had my att optimus g for 6 months and love it besides two things. I broke the back glass the day I purchased it and I lost my google maps. Every once in a while, after an app updates automatically through wifi, the app's shortcut will just disappear. It has happened to about 4 apps now. 3 of the times I just went to the play store and installed the apps again and everything was OK. However, I can't find a way to do this with google maps because I can't find where to download it. I downloaded an app called "nav launcher" and it will take me to google maps and the navigation. So it is still installed on my phone but I cannot find direct way to google maps in either the home or the app menu. I thank you for any suggestions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure the apps themselves are disappearing, or just the shortcut on the homescreen? Remember that apps that you see on your homescreen are only shortcuts, and if they disappear, the apps themselves are probably still installed. You can see all installed apps by bringing up your App Drawer (usually the circular icon in the middle of the bottom tray). Find Maps there, press and hold, then drag it back to your homescreen.

App shortcuts sometimes disappear from the homescreen after an update because the icon might have changed, or it may have been a major update.

Another way to tell if the app is still installed is to go to Google Play and search for the app. If the buttons say "Open" and "Uninstall," then the app is already installed on your phone.

bengclose

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I looked in the app drawer at least 5 times and never found it. I read this and looked one more time and it was there... feeling stupid lol. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan