Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.4 Kit-Kat

Anyone think that the Optimus G will get 4.4? I figured once the G2 on Sprint is released then maybe?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    32,279 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: 4.4 Kit-Kat

Unfortunately, no. I think that device will be lucky to get 4.3. Shame too... It is a solid phone.

What on gods green earth would make u think that?? The s2 has jellybean so the g should at least see 4.3 and 4.4 is being made to run on lower model devices as well so we shall see what the future holds.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

Global Posts
    32,279 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Central n ohios best View Post
    What on gods green earth would make u think that?? The s2 has jellybean so the g should at least see 4.3 and 4.4 is being made to run on lower model devices as well so we shall see what the future holds.

Point 1. The S2 was originally not going to see JB. ICS was as high as it was going to go. Even still, that is 2 major upgrades. That is outstanding for any device.

Point 2. LG has not been widely known to update their devices. Add to the fact that carriers skinning the ROM adds to the delay, which at this point, any delay reduces the chance of a device receiving support.

Point 3. http://m.ibtimes.com/android-43-jell...update-1394517 doesn't add to hope.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Well now in a minor defense to LG when I had my LG viper it got upgraded to ics from gb fairly quickly it all boils down to the consumer and the amount of complaints filed with LG for a update if enough complaints are filed well get what we want that's what happened with the viper and the OG is a beast so let's just **** n moan to LG and we'll get it soon enough I'm sure...

Global Posts
    32,279 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Don't get me wrong, I hope the G2 boosts LG sales. I hope all the other OEM get a good boost out of all the good devices released.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Carrier
    Stock

It should be noted that just because 4.4 will run on lower level phones doesn't mean that the manufacturers or carriers will do the work to support it for their devices, regardless o fthe level of device.

Since the LG Optimus G, as far as I can tell, is destined to be prematurely bumped from the LG line with the advent of the G2, I am pessimistic that we will receive any updates.

Of course, until I see that I would use something that comes with 4.4, I am not disappointed at the possibility.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

I use to chase the update bandwagon from the Palm Pre era and now the Android era. What i find is that, as far as Android goes, my phone (and my last phone...Moto Photon) does what i want it to do very very well with good battery life. Unless Google plans on rewriting or revamping the whole Android feel, these feature bumps are not worth it. It would be nice for manufactures and Android to sync up phone building and Android software updates. It would be much easier for Android to move forward in making newer features or innovations in smarthphone OS's. But due to the wide variety of support that they have to deal with it's amazing that the fragmentation is not worse than it is now. To me Android is being slowly killed due the non support of flagship phones 6 months after they come out by manufactures. Sooner or later the masses will say enough and stop buying or supporting Android because of this. I know that's they way business and the world works these days but I'm just tired of being disappointed after getting that flagship phone you think will be supported but the manufacture has money to make on the next Joe.

Posted via The OG
    Little Darwin, Oofa and XenoME like this.

Carrier
    Stock

Well said.

It all boils down to one question.

As a vendor, does it make more money to upgrade last month's phone, or to work on next month's phone?

Heck, it may even boost sales of next month's phone to not update last month's phone, since some upgrade chasers will spend good money to get the next revision... Just look at the forums, we have people clamoring for 4.4, and we still don't even know what features it will have other than possibly running on lower end devices. Really??? Does anyone have ANY need for the as yet unannounced features of 4.4??? All we really know so far (unless I missed some recent news) is that 4.4 will be called Kit-Kat.

OK

Enviado desde mi dispositivo mvil LG Optimus de Movistar.

I agree with Wayne. My Og works fine with JB, so what is the purpose of another upgrade?Do not get me wrong, I mean what features is going to bring on the Og that is a shall have necessity.

Right well for those of us worried about fragmentation we want updated and yes fragmentation still happens and it sucks updates are always nice and when u gotta wait so long to upgrade the least they can do is update us!

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Central n ohios best View Post

You assume LG will be as prompt as Samsung with its updates which has proven to be false on several occasions. I hope that working with Google will help that problem but I think that the optimus G will stay on 4.1 or at most get 4.3

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

If we get another upgrade, which I frankly think we should, but considering this is LG is more than unlikely, it will be kitkat.
    https://twitter.com/LGNordic/status/397722877652647936
    slinkies likes this.

So go sign my petition and with any luck and enough signatures we will get kit kat everyone's been reading it but barely any have signed come on guys if you take the time to read it take an extra 30 seconds and say count me in

disney4life2005 likes this.

So I found out aosp has KitKat up and running just flashed it and LOVE IT! Soo smooth and fast its unreal...

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    So I found out aosp has KitKat up and running just flashed it and LOVE IT! Soo smooth and fast its unreal...

Don't know how to root or I would. Scared of the big brick! LOL

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

Its easier than ever on this phone all u need is a couple apk's search and download an app called framaroot its used to root its easy just follow on screen instructions and after root download and install an app called freegee this is used to unlock your bootloader and install custom recovery aka TWRP then it'll reboot and presto your rooted with custom recovery then just search for ROMS for your variant its awesome lemme know if you do it also this way is virtually impossible to brick your phone...

Hvacmanjc likes this.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

Here you go this is for framaroot freegee is available on the play store.

Hvacmanjc likes this.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515345

This is for the KitKat ROMs for our device

Ashley Roche likes this.

Lemme know if you get it goin

LG stinks for this reason. My next phone will not be an LG. Very disappointed.

Well the galaxy s3 did get it, but the thing about the s3 is that it still sells this phone doesn't, and this phone while better than the s3 doesn't have the sales to back up the necessity. Best thing to do: is to do a cm11, use an lg theme and port the lg launcher. And it will be lighter in weight and faster

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

My E971 is currently running 4.4 . Took me a few tries to get it and I'm still getting "Baseband Unknown" in the status page, but everything works great (so far) except my call recorder no longer works. I keep getting errors that the phone's hardware does not support the recording but it worked flawlessly on the stock OS so it's obviously not the hardware......

(Side note, if anyone knows where to get the radio file to flash so I can fix that baseband issue, please let me know)

My only advice comes from the issues I just went though. I tried KitKat a few times and each time something else didn't work........this last time I backed up my personal info manually, wiped the memory clean (i literally just highlighted everything and hit delete, and let the OS replace folders it needed). Did a factory reset on the Stock OS and did my recovery mode backup at that point so I had a smaller recovery file that could set it back to stock. THEN I flashed the rom, gapps, SuperSU (do this in recovery, as it didn't seem to reinstall traditionally) and then the Canadian NFC fix......

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Lemme know if you get it goin

There's the real answer. YES it will get KitKat 4.4.2 from LG soon afaik. It be crazy if LG didn't update it! Korea already has the firmware upgrade. LG will release it worldwide in a few weeks... still on 4.1.2 here... come on LG!

Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast