Google Play Store stopped working. Please help! LG Optimus G (Sprint)

tiff00tiff

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Ive had my LG Optimus G for a year, and 2 weeks ago I tried opening my google play store and it says "loading" then closes and brings me back to my home screen. Ive tried changing settings, etc. with no luck. Most of my apps need updated, and that is impossible if I cant get on google play.
Anyone else having this problem?
Any suggestions/advice on how to fix it?

Thank you

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the cache or just installing a APK from android police. It should work.

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile

tiff00tiff

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Try clearing the cache or just installing a APK from android police. It should work.

Sent from the last HTC device with a removable battery on T-Mobile

I tried clearing cache, but I cant install anything because I need google play to install anything. Thank you for replying tho! :)

jas2743

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to install through the play store. They were saying to clear the cache (I would then force stop) and then get the play store apk from Android Police (which is a website) and install it.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
All you need to do is to clear cache, force stop and reinstall. Download the apk online, transfer it to your phone and then install.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

talon1812

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Clearing cache, data and force stopping does NOT fix the problem. Uninstalling updates gets it working again, and I reset the settings to not update apps. But play automatically keeps updating itself. This just started this weekend. Have multiple phones and it only happens on the LG Optimus G. What a nightmare. Hopefully google will fix this problem.

Tel864

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I know of at least 3 LG phones owned by 2 other people besides myself with this problem. It started when Google pushed out Play Store 4.9.13 and short of contacting Google (good luck with that) there is probably no solution until they decide to update it again. I have a LG Escape that does the same thing. The other phones I know of are Optimus G's. I've done everything suggested, clearing data, cache, etc., I uninstalled Play and sideloaded it again, I even rolled my phone back to factory settings where Play Store worked until it updated within 5 minutes. About the best you can do is make sure you're not connected to wifi or data, open Play Store where it gives you the can't connect try again thing, click the menu then select settings and have it automatically check for updates. Or you can daily uninstall Google Play updates and immediately check for updates before it updates itself.
I actually thought about contacting Google via chat, but the last time I did that, my blood pressure shot up, I ground my teeth down, and I suddenly got the urge to choke someone. :)
Oh, BTW, I did contact LG, they didn't have a clue and said contact Google.

Henning Hoene

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I have tried everything on every website that I could find, but what I had been told hadn't worked. What I had done is a last resort to get my google play games up and running again. Do a master reset to your phone. If there is any trouble, this will work. I would suggest saving all your data onto your SD card and ejecting it from your phone before you apply the master reset. THIS WILL WORK AS A LAST RESORT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo