LG Optimus G: Let's start a petition

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think we Optimus G users should start a petition for LG to get us updated to kit Kat the way I see it we get enough electronic signatures and there's no way they can turn it down right? This phone has software issues as it is and with the lack of updates something needs to happen so everyone on this forum needs to put their 2 cents in and we'll forward to LG and see what happens I know I'm not the only person who feels this way so I'm counting on all of you to help us out and post to this I already know LG trolls these forums so let's show them how pi**ed we are at the lack of attention we've gotten it's b.s. I love my LG phones have since the Optimus S I started out with so let's Join forces and stick it to LG once and for all!!!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Let's start a petition

While I did hope that buying a company's flagship phone would guarantee updates for a while, I am getting pessimistic.

With that said, I will "sign" a petition.

I will also vote with my dollars. The next time I update phones, I will select a phone from a company that has a good recent reputation of updating their high end phones. LG can prove their commitment to me by upgrading the Optimus G.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Well good thanks bro at least one person out of the over 100 that have taken the time to read it and not leave a reply I know we're not the only ones here wanting updated so plz if you take the time to read it then take the time to leave a small positive reply as your signature so we can get this Goin everyone likes updates I for one would love the G2 u/I it's awesome so yea if you read it reply to it this phone is amazing and deserves the update In everyone's opinion thanks!!!...

Moab49

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

You got my vote. I'm really enjoying my Optimus G and it's got the right specs to make it last for awhile so LG should get on the ball and support it or I'll look elsewhere next time.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

tuckerman725

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Count vote in. Phone is high-end. But the legacy support is not. Can't count how many times I go from my rooted tablet running CM 10.2 to the LG looking for a particular menu, which just makes sense to have and it's not there.

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Add me to the petition. Just got it, though I once swore I would never go non-Nexus again. The fact I am on Sprint and grandfathered into a great true unlimited family plan and the $1 deal at BBY combined with three BBY $50 gift cards - could not turn it down or switch to T-Mobile.
So far this phone is awesome - KitKat can only improve it.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Wow 188 people have viewed this and only us 5 reply ridiculous come on people I know we all need and want this update if you 183 others would've replied we'd be well on our way!

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

This Is directly from LG off the G2 forums

Hello,

We would be happy to address your question; unfortunately, there would not be an option to turn this off. For further software questions, the best thing to do is contact your service provider as they support the software.

You may also find product information and other realms of support via our website at LG Electronics: Consumer Electronics & Appliances from LG | LG USA.

Thank you,
^CL
This is how I know they troll these forums send em a message I did and will continue to til I get em to check us out or at least reply this came from the G2 forums direct from LG...

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

For further software questions, the best thing to do is contact your service provider as they support the software.

This sure sounds a lot like, "If you want support, go to the carrier" to me... I assume that if you ask Sprint about a software issue on an LG device, they will direct you to LG... Rather convenient for them to have a relationship that allows passing the buck back and forth. Of course, it is common in the cell phone industry for everyone to make money and nobody to provide support, so I am not really surprised.

I know that the post wasn't specifically about an Android update, but the tone is what I disagree with. I think LG is ultimately responsible for their hardware and software. Anything less is unprofessional.

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I will sign the petition as well. I've actually bought this phone twice! I lost my first one that I purchased through upgrade and then bought it again without the upgrade. I agree, this is a high end phone and deserves support. Seems like LG was so quick to move on to the G2....

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

I will sign the petition as well. I've actually bought this phone twice! I lost my first one that I purchased through upgrade and then bought it again without the upgrade. I agree, this is a high end phone and deserves support. Seems like LG was so quick to move on to the G2....

With the G2, it does seem like LG has learned a lesson. I have seen more commercials for the G2 than I ever did for the Optimus G. Let's hope that now they learn a lesson about supporting users once they get them in order to build customer loyalty.

Dhalgren

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

I love my G1 as well. I think it is far and away better than my previous phone, the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. I think we all know that Google Play Services has been a huge upgrade to hundreds of millions of devices, a backbone upgrade to 4.3 or 4.4 would be welcome for a phone as beautiful and as powerful as this. I will sign any petition. But I am also looking forward to some of the features of 4.4 becoming available in the Play Store, as promised.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site

Count me in as well!!!! I absolutely love this phone. I have had this phone 3 times now (No Joke) and keep going back. I trade phones at least once a month as I have three lines and feel I will keep this phone for a long time. The phone is a beast and I can't imagine what 4.4 would do for it. Its definitely far from being outdated. This phone still has damn near, top of the line specs. I really hope they update it as this phone still has a lot of life left. C'Mon LG, don't let us down!! This phone would be a true monster with 4.4 as they have made the new OS (4.4) so that it only takes up 512mb of Ram. I am hoping they come around, fingers crossed!!! Count me in people!!!:D

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site

Just curious how this will work. Who is contacting Sprint/Lg on this matter?

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I am... I'm the one who started the petition i have been in contact with LG and they troll these forums all the time and randomly post as well so please everyone if u leave a post then at least say count me in please, thanks...

Phonication

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm in. Since there is kit kat on the nexus 4, it would be a breeze to put it on the lgog . C'mon LG let us ride the n4's coattails!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC