Need help with Fastboot lg optimus G

Maciek Fulton

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to run a custom rom on my LG optimus g. Im trying to flash TWRP to the phone, I all ready unlocked the bootloader, and installed the SDK and Flashboot. But when go into the bootloader, and type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (im trying to use "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-geehrc4g.img") it just says "waiting for device", and windows says it does not know what the device is, and cant find the driver. When im at my home screen on the phone and type adb devices, it gives me the model and the serial number, and "adb reboot bootloader" does reboot my phone into the bootloader, but fastboot devices does not list my device.

Im just wondering what im doing wrong xD I installed the usb drivers from the sdk and from the LG website. (also, im not exactly sure what im doing, i just leaned all about this stuff in the past 3 hrs, so please don't use large complex android terms xD)

The rom im trying to flash after getting TWRP is this one [ROM][LINARO]Official Pacman 4.3 for the LS970 - xda-developers

-and of course, I am rooted :)

Thanks

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Install goo.im from the market. Once its installed and you have granted it root access, press the menu button and look for install open recovery script and select it. It should update twrp automatically.

Sent from my LG-LS970

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yea you can do it that way or using freegee and framaroot that's what I did no computer needed did it all straight from my phone reminiscent of the old Z4root days lol freegee installed twrp with no issues at all

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Maciek Fulton

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not posting sooner, but I got it working, :) I used flashify to get it working (goo.im couldn't find my device and gave me a 404 error, or force closed, or rebooted my system, or turned my screen green till reboot xD ) I then installed the Pacman OS but it failed, then I accidentally deleted my Backup while trying to back up.... so i then deleted the OS, so i had no OS and forced CM 10.2 onto my phone through CMD. Now im playing with that, and just flashed all the Google apps back.

But i do have a question, can i get my default OS back? I don't really want the old LG default OS, but i f i need it can i download it somewhere...i could not find it anywhere.
Also, what other fun things can i do with CM? It has some nice themes and options, but can i do anything else with it?