Auto rotate quit working!!!

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Today, the auto rotate feature on my LGOG quit working. I tried toggling it on and off, restarting the phone, doing a "soft reset", all to no avail. This is really iritating, especially trying to look a pix in the gallery, or turning the phone sideways for texting. Anyone got any ideas or has this happened to anyone? Thanks in advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Today, the auto rotate feature on my LGOG quit working. I tried toggling it on and off, restarting the phone, doing a "soft reset", all to no avail. This is really iritating, especially trying to look a pix in the gallery, or turning the phone sideways for texting. Anyone got any ideas or has this happened to anyone? Thanks in advance.

Maybe getting a different launcher from Play. That might help with the auto rotate.

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanx for the replies. Anybody got any ideas how to fix the phone itself without downloading an app? Tried the Ultimate Rotation Control and it didn't do anything. Just to be clear, I DO want the screen to rotate. I also tried to calibrate the screen, and it's refusing. Is a hard reset necessary?

Posted via Android Central App

Maciek Fulton

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Are your phones sensors working? There should be an option to re-calibrate the sensors somewhere in the settings (Sorry I don't know where the setting would be because i'm running a custom rom) If you re-calibrate it and it still does not work, try playing a game with tilt control (some sort of racing game maybe) if you cant tilt to control then its a hardware issue. Hard resetting will delete most of your data, so it would be good to try all other options before that.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Do a hard reset that should fix it if not call your carrier or take it in

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I tried to calibrate the motion sensors and get the 'cannot calibrate' message. Tried PBA Challenge bowling game that plays in landscape mode and uses the tilt feature. It went into landscape but wouldn't tilt. When I backed out of the game, my home screen was stuck in landscape and wouldn't go back to portrait until I turned the rotation off. Turned rotation back on and ot won't rotate. This sucks, I loved this phone until this.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Take it to your carrier and have them open it up n look at it maybe just has dust build up on the sensors and needs cleaned if that doesn't do it call LG as it should be under warranty still and have them send you a replacement I'm on my 3rd OG already

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Called LG today....send it in and wait 2 weeks. Back to the old buggy Epic 4G! What a treat. :-\

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Good deal sucks to be on old phone but at least they're gonna replace it for you took me forever to get them to replace mine but I got them to after several phone calls mine was cracked screen and I got them to replace that by defect of the glass

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, we'll see if they'll replace it or not. Who knows what they'll "find" when they open it up?

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Got my phone back from LG, service report said they installed new flash memory. Whatever, it works again. Thanks for the previous replies and Merry Christmas!