YouTube looks better when changing volume

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this bug is just for my phone for for the app itself but when I play a video and I change the volume the video looks much better. Here's some pictures for examples: 1386473706437.jpg1386473716598.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The last picture is to show I have HD Quality on

Attachments

• 1386473939138.jpg
    1386473939138.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 27

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing the difference it just looks zoomed in more than clearer/ better

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing the difference it just looks zoomed in more than clearer/ better

That's odd I just noticed that too. It seems like the picture is more pixels when I take a screen shot. Watch a GTA video like I did and look at the mini map. Does the mini map seem blurry until you change the volume and then it goes crappy again when the volume bar dissapears?

iambriz

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue and haven't found a 'fix' for it :(
HQ/HD videos are fuzzy unless the Volume is changed or if you hit the menu button (3 horizontal bars) during the video.

I wonder if there's a way to change the resolution settings on the Optimus G or if there's a secondary app to view Youtube.

My phone:
LG Optimus G (Sprint)
Android 4.1.2
Youtube App 5.3.24

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue and haven't found a 'fix' for it :(
HQ/HD videos are fuzzy unless the Volume is changed or if you hit the menu button (3 horizontal bars) during the video.

I wonder if there's a way to change the resolution settings on the Optimus G or if there's a secondary app to view Youtube.

My phone:
LG Optimus G (Sprint)
Android 4.1.2
Youtube App 5.3.24

That's exactly what mine is doing. I too wonder about changing the resolution or finding a secondary app.

iambriz

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Quick Update:

I had been wanting to root my phone for some time and I finally got around to doing it. After rooting and then unlocking, I flashed the most recent stable CyanogenMod ROM. With the new ROM (which brings the firmware up to 4.3), I decided to see how Youtube works and to my surprise it WORKS :)

What I mean is that videos in HQ/HD watched in fullscreen (over WiFi) NO LONGER get fuzzy/blurry as they used to before. They're nice and crisp as they should've been.

I'm not saying people should go and do what I did because this was my 2nd root ever (1st one with an EVO 4G). I was nervous throughout the process since there's always risk when you start messing with the inner workings of the phone. Hopefully Sprint or LG release some update to fix this for all current stock LG Optimus G owners.

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Quick Update:

I had been wanting to root my phone for some time and I finally got around to doing it. After rooting and then unlocking, I flashed the most recent stable CyanogenMod ROM. With the new ROM (which brings the firmware up to 4.3), I decided to see how Youtube works and to my surprise it WORKS :)

What I mean is that videos in HQ/HD watched in fullscreen (over WiFi) NO LONGER get fuzzy/blurry as they used to before. They're nice and crisp as they should've been.

I'm not saying people should go and do what I did because this was my 2nd root ever (1st one with an EVO 4G). I was nervous throughout the process since there's always risk when you start messing with the inner workings of the phone. Hopefully Sprint or LG release some update to fix this for all current stock LG Optimus G owners.
That's odd. I'll have to look at the files between that and the current stock files in my phone and change them. That will get me a lead. Thanks

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I send a feedback form to YouTube about this problem and about my phone taking a minute or two to buffer on Wi-Fi.

ETR174

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going to install Cyanogenmod right now. I'm not going to root, just install Cyanogenmod and I want to get Kit Kat as well because I'm jealous XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol