internal memory 0

mandroiddrone

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Today i got a notice that my internal monory was low for the first time and i went to a couple of my apps and cleared their data. hours later i get a new message 'internal mem full' now have 0 internal memeory and ive cleared the data on everything from facebook to my browser. i just had downloaded the tube mate app from a website and not the app store. i dont know if that has anything to do with it, but any help on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Check your Downloads folder--do you have a lot of downloaded files still there? If so, delete them all.

mandroiddrone

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi and thanks b diddy. i deleted months worth of downloads and it only gave me 4mb. is something wrong with my phone? I dont hiw my internal mem could be so low. the only apps i have are instagram and fb and theyre on the phone not the internal mem.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Try going into Settings, Storage. After the usage is done calculating, tap on the listing that shows the most memory used, it might be Data. See if you can find out which apps are using the most space for data and cache.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mandroiddrone

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I looked and the app that uses the most was fb but only 15mb. i cleared the cache and data but nothing changed. it actually got worse because as i searched the apps going back from manage apps to storage, my internal memory went from 4mb to 512kb!

Do i have a virus?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I looked and the app that uses the most was fb but only 15mb. i cleared the cache and data but nothing changed. it actually got worse because as i searched the apps going back from manage apps to storage, my internal memory went from 4mb to 512kb!

Do i have a virus?

If it went from 4mb to 512kb that means it decreased so how did that get worse? :confused:

What I would do is download es file explorer and see if that could show me what's going on in my folders.

mandroiddrone

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Im sorry for not being clearer mrmumbles i only have 512kb left of USABLE MEMORY and its saying a GB of internal memory has been used up! D: i was warned not to buy one of these pay as you go phones because the data plan is horrible. could that be part of the problem? I really dont know what to think of thus :(

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry for not being clearer mrmumbles i only have 512kb left of USABLE MEMORY and its saying a GB of internal memory has been used up! D: i was warned not to buy one of these pay as you go phones because the data plan is horrible. could that be part of the problem? I really dont know what to think of thus :(

This sounds like the RAM is being used which is no problem.

For this issue, the brand of the phone makes no difference.

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing on your screen? (Usually that's done by pressing the power button plus volume down at the same time.)

mandroiddrone

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I dont seem to be able to take screenshots but what i see is when i goto storage and to manage apps, i goto all apps and at the bottom of the screen my internal memory says 1gb is used and there is 0mb left to be used for dowbloading anything.

if its a ram problem should i stop apps like facebook from running?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think we need to clarify a few things:

1. You're posting in the LG Optimus G forum--is that the phone you have? I'm not aware of the Optimus G being a pay-as-you go phone.

2. The specs for the Optimus G show it has 2 GB of system RAM and 32 GB of internal storage ROM, which doesn't seem to fit what you're describing.

3. We need to make sure we're correctly distinguishing RAM from ROM. The system RAM is where open apps reside--Android likes to keep apps open in RAM to allow for quick and efficient app opening and switching. Apart from the apps you open on your own, you don't necessarily have control over what other apps are open, because the system does it intelligently, depending on usage patterns and a particular app's code. The more RAM you have, the faster and more efficiently apps will run. The Android OS will generally try to keep RAM anywhere from 75-90% full, but sometimes things don't work quite right, and the RAM gets too full, which can potentially bog down the system. Phones come with anywhere between 512 MB and 2 GB of RAM--512 MB is pretty minimal these days for what Android needs. You can see how much RAM you have and how much is in use in Settings>Apps>Running, along the bottom of the screen.

4. Internal Storage ROM is where you install apps, and where those apps store data (e.g., text messages, photos, etc.). Typically, the lowest amount of ROM a phone comes with is 4 GB, but 2-3 GB of that is taken up by the OS, so there's usually only about 1 GB of usable storage memory. The way Android apps are these days, that 1 GB can get used up quickly after only installing a few apps, and having those apps build up data. You can see how much total internal storage memory you have and how much is being used in Settings>Storage.

For more info on this, see my guide here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I dont seem to be able to take screenshots but what i see is when i goto storage and to manage apps, i goto all apps and at the bottom of the screen my internal memory says 1gb is used and there is 0mb left to be used for dowbloading anything.

if its a ram problem should i stop apps like facebook from running?

OK that is the storage then, and not the RAM.

Try to download ES File Explorer from the play store. You'll be able to poke around in your files and hopefully see which files are taking up the storage space.

mandroiddrone

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I cant download with no internal memory :(

Is there a way to send things you download to the SD card? Because my SD card has literal gigabytes of space on it.

if i cant do that i will erase my internal memory. What will that do? I know it deletes all my pics and resets the phone to brand new again, but my phone is prepaid. will it loose my plan? will it loose my number? Or contacts?

phruiz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue, do you have any apps 2 SD software installed? I had rom toolbox pro on my phone, and i had an option to write new programs on the SD card and it was full all the time, disabling this option may solve your problem. This is because there's something weird whit the extended memory on this phone, it's emulated or something like that, so apps2sd apps generate problems on the phone.

but if that isn't the case, I have optimus g e970 at&t and it have 16gb internal memory, so it's hard to fill all that space unless you have many games installed, try uninstalling some to see if that helps

Please feedback in any case.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084