1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Rebooting Issue! Please Help!

Okay so my LG Optimus G phone keeps Restarting and rebooting constantly over and over again. And what's weird is that it only does that when the phone is plugged in the charger, But if I don't plug in the charger, My phone just stay dead. It won't turn on or react at all. I have no idea if it is virus that cause this or if its the Battery that is the problem. But from what I know, I'm pretty sure my phone had almost half full battery left. All I did was took out the memory SD card in order to get music so I turned off my phone in order to get it out, but when I finally but the SD card back on and turn it on, this happens. Please help??

Also, Another problem I am experiencing is that I cannot send a Picture Text. And I think some of the apps are messed up since when I try with another phone the app works fine, it's Just my phone. For example, Snapchat, before the app works fine but recently when my phone had some glitchy problems, the Caption option stopped working. I tried to uninstall and install thinking that it was the app that was the problem, but I tried with the other devices and it works fine...I wonder if its just my LG that is malfunctioning. Anyone else have the same problems? Please Help!

---------------------------------------------------------
    ******UPDATE*******
    After a couple weeks of trying a lot of various experiments with my LG, It's now unable to turn on. Once plugged in the Red flashing light goes on for a couple sec and then disappears.

I've tried leaving it alone to drain the battery and then charging it fully to see if it resets, no luck. I also tried leaving the LG on Downloading Mode while charging, No luck. I'm srsly thinking of just maybe abandoning my LG. :\
    Last edited by Jeong Woo; 02-23-2014 at 01:21 AM.

Default Re: Rebooting Issue! Please Help!

Welcome to Android Central! Sounds frustrating. How long have you had the phone? If you've had it for a while, I wonder if the battery might be failing.

You could also try a system cache partition wipe, if in fact it's possible on your phone. Wiping the system cache partition might clear out some bad data that's stuck there and that might be causing this problem. You won't lose any personal data or settings. Follow these steps, but instead of selecting "wipe data/factory reset," make sure you select "wipe cache partition." When it's done, then select "reboot system now."

If you don't see "wipe cache partition" as an option, then don't try anything else on that menu besides "reboot system now."

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I had this phone only for a couple months now. And my battery was still working fine just a couple hours before this happened.

I would try this, but the problem is that the LG won't turn on at all. And when it does, The only screen it goes to is the Downloading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeong Woo View Post
    I had this phone only for a couple months now. And my battery was still working fine just a couple hours before this happened.

I would try this, but the problem is that the LG won't turn on at all. And when it does, The only screen it goes to is the Downloading screen.
    Are you saying it goes to download mode ?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Price View Post
    Are you saying it goes to download mode ?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeong Woo View Post
    Yes.
    Have you tried to LGNPST back to stock ?