Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus G From Sprint Overheated and will not turn on

I had my phone pluged into my car Aux port, the phone stopped playing music I looked down at it. and it said it was overheating, then it turned off and never turned back on. I tried disconnecting the battery for a hour then plugging it back in. I did not fix the problem so I ordered a new battery online. I installed the new batter and I didn't fix my issue. does anyone have any advice to how I can fix this problem. phone is no longer under warranty :/

Default Re: LG Optimus G From Sprint Overheated and will not turn on

Welcome to Android Central? Does the phone have a user-removable battery, or was it intended to be non-removable? If the latter, it's always possible something happened when you opened the phone up.

When you plug the phone into a wall outlet, does anything happen at all? Any LED lights go on? Have you tried keeping it plugged into a wall outlet overnight without disturbing it?

Unfortunately, there's a chance that some circuits got fried. You might have to start looking for a new phone. Sorry!