Google Play 4.9.13 has stopped working - and a work around

sRedwolf

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's been posted before but in case not I thought I'd do so in the chance that it might help someone.

On my Optimus G the newest version of the Play Store (4.9.13) crashes whenever I press the option button in the upper left of the screen. "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." Some Googling seems to indicate that the problem is affecting a variety of older LG phones.

The work around is to right swipe (from left to right) across the screen which also reveals the option menu and seems to work fine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it help if you go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop?

sRedwolf

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope doesn't help. Tried that first and then I even uninstalled the update and let it auto-update back to 4.9.13. Problem is still there.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been at this for hours. Rooted. I've installed and uninstalled. Cleared cache and data, factor reset, cleared framework. Nothing is working. Fortunately my G3 is my primary phone and having no issues but I use my LG OG as an MP3 player at work and it is supposed to be my back up. Can't even get a file manager or Helium/Carbon on it to try and back it up. Don't really care if my apps update I just want to load them back on the phone. Can't even seem to drag and drop APKs. I've never flashed a ROM (used a one-click root) but I'm wondering if that might help.

Tom Rhodes

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this is what you are looking for. I just installed it and it's corrected the issue for me

forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/lg-optimus-jelly-bean-play-store-fix-t2852146

Sonofaperson

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey I have the same problem! I just swipe to the right from the left. That brings up the same thing.... Also, use the back key to, well, go back (to get out of descriptions and going back at all)

Paul Kaptein

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Your work-around solution works fine with our LG Optimus L3II.
Hopefully this glitch in the app will soon be mended.
For now I can live with the alternate access to the menu.
Thanks !

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me but with the new play store update I got a few days ago the issue is gone and I can tap the top left menu now.

Version 5.0.31

Posted via Android Central App