Playstore mobile malfunction, cause? And how to resolve

JTkc

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a sprint lg optimus g.

Not sure when or what was cause for malfuction.

I can access playstore through icon/widget.

When im in playstore though, any function/operation involving the upper left corner of the app, causes the app to force close. "Unfortunately playstore has stopped working" and then closes and redirects back to home screen of phone?

I can access menu etc by swiping from left to right and everything functions normally.

Any ideas of cause(s) and how to resolve issue

Thanks in advance

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a sprint lg optimus g.

Not sure when or what was cause for malfuction.

I can access playstore through icon/widget.

When im in playstore though, any function/operation involving the upper left corner of the app, causes the app to force close. "Unfortunately playstore has stopped working" and then closes and redirects back to home screen of phone?

I can access menu etc by swiping from left to right and everything functions normally.

Thanks in advance
Open system settings > applications > sort by all > open Play Services and clear cache. Open the Play Store and try searching again. Let us know how it goes.

JTkc

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok. Opened play services, cleared cache. Same action. "Unfortunately play store has stopped working" then force close and back to phone home screen

nathaniz

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. Clearing cache does not solve. Also experiencing keyboard not accessible in some apps when clicking into text box.
Cleared Play Services cache and also data.
Did restart.
No change

Sprint Optimus G rooted, stock, not currently connected to a provider - just using on wifi.

sRedwolf

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

I think we're stuck with this issue until Google pushes out a new version of the Play Store.

At least the left-to-right menu swipe out works or this would have pretty much crippled our phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke