app update causing trouble

Jackie Soper

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
one of my apps automatically updated last night (not sure which one, i think something with google), and immediately after, any app i opened crashed. i restarted the phone, hoping a reboot would set things straight, but now i can't get the phone to boot past the LG logo screen. it just hangs with the screen lit. i have to just let it drain the battery. i assume there's nothing i can do about it until i bring it to the Sprint store.

is anyone else having this problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Hold the power button down until the phone restarts - that's about the same (about, not exactly) as pulling the battery out. You don't want to let the battery drain below 40% if you can help it - ever.

2) Can you boot into recovery? If so, wipe the cache (not the data) and see it it'll boot normally. (If you accidentally wipe the Dalvik cache, it's not a problem, except that the phone could take up to 10 minutes to finish booting the first time after that - the Dalvik cache has to be rebuilt.)

If nothing else works, turn it off with at least a 40% charge and bring it into the Sprint store when you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech