- 8 Posts
model lgl3bc - need help please - how to wipe all data on it.
It's an LG Optimus (dynamic) the model # is LGLC3BC. The touchscreen stopped working, I am sending it back to straighttalk, they are sending me a new one. How can I reset to factory defaults and wipe out all of my info that is on the phone? (touchscreen is not working, so it has to be done with the buttons somehow or by reinstalling original os from sd card.)
Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks much in advance.
- 04-23-2014, 05:49 AM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: model lgl3bc - need help please - how to wipe all data on it.
I realize it's been 5 months, but in case anyone else comes here looking for an answer:
1. power off the phone (hold POWER til screen goes blank, or pull the battery)
2. Hold VOL DOWN and HOME buttons, then press and hold POWER.
3. As soon as you see the LG logo on the screen, release POWER button while still holding VOL DOWN + HOME.
4. Eventually you'll see a black screen with Android logo and a progress bar, you can let go of all buttons at this point.
This is the system recovery, it'll restore your phone to factory spec. All you have to do is wait and it'll reboot when it's done.
Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
- By Anchit Sharma in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 4Last Post: 04-05-2014, 04:09 PM
- By Jon Arnold in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 6Last Post: 11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
- By angry english in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 20Last Post: 11-15-2013, 10:58 AM
- By VW Maverick in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 6Last Post: 11-14-2013, 08:27 PM
- By TeePoppa in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 11-13-2013, 06:57 PM