05-17-2016 01:12 AM
- Can anyone tell me why a manufacture of a cell phone or its software would market there product with a low on board storage capacity but then offer an up to 32 GB SD external storage mentioning nothing about this products inability to utilize any of the 32 GB of external storage. Resulting in no storage left internally to even update your apps or the apps the phone comes with. This at the very least sounds like fraud to me. But more like malicious with intent. If any of you duped Customers are tired of this kind of **** contact me as I am filing a class action law suite because I'm tired of it also.02-19-2014 05:35 AMLike 1
- B. DiddyAmbassadorModeratorWelcome to Android Central! I agree that it can be very confusing, and most manufacturers don't prominently warn consumers that 4 GB of internal storage means only about 1 GB of usable storage, which is the only place to install apps. The external microSD isn't completely useless--the primary benefit is to store media files like music and videos (and sometimes people like to store a lot of these).
It's part of the reason forums like these can be valuable resources for tech consumers. For example, in a couple of my guides, I discuss this memory issue in more detail:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html02-20-2014 12:16 AM
- I am also so tired of spending my money on what the girl at the phone store says"is top of the line phone that has lots of memory space". When it turns out that my old phone that i replaced with this piece of sh** LGMS769, had more memory then it does! I hate that! It pisses me off cuz its happened too many times! Plz add me to your clasd action law suit!! Contact me if anything is needed from me to help u in ur quest!!02-22-2014 08:38 PM
- Actually, you can transfer apps to your sd card on the lgsm769. I have one and have transfered several apps to my sd card. The Metro PCS store guy told me you just have to drag and drop the folders yourself when your phone is connected to your pc. I was annoyed at first too but now feel more free to install more apps! Hope that helps03-12-2014 04:56 PM
Thank you for your post.
I am a very concerned customer as well. I'm extremely tired on this crap. I bought the phone brand new and went back to metro pcs to have them fix the external storage issue, but instead they told me that they'd replace the phone. (COMPLETELY AVOIDING THE ISSUE). Then they handed me a refurbished phone and would not give me back my originally purchased phone, that was brand new in the box. I am having the same issue still with this phone and I'm fed up with their customer service, lack of knowledge, and their fraudulent business.
Please get in-touch with me, as I will gladly join your class action lawsuit.
K. Harper07-11-2014 02:53 PM
- Thanks for your post indicating there is a way to move apps to the SD card. I've had all the same problems that others have expressed. Could you please provide a bit of a tutorial as to how to drag the folders using your pc. For example, where are the folders located on the phone?
Thanks. This is great news.05-17-2016 01:10 AM
- Actually, you can transfer apps to your sd card on the lgsm769. I have one and have transfered several apps to my sd card. The Metro PCS store guy told me you just have to drag and drop the folders yourself when your phone is connected to your pc. I was annoyed at first too but now feel more free to install more apps! Hope that helps
Thanks. This is great news.05-17-2016 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD