Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default p769 Wi-fi no longer works.

Hey guys so i have an LG Optimus L9 P769 phone with jellybean 4.1.2
    My problem is that one morning when i woke up, i noticed my phone wasnt connected to my wifi network at home. I found it strange because the wifi on my phone was enabled yet none of the wireless networks in the area were detected when i scanned. I entered the network information manually and it still didnt connect. I checked other devices such as phones, laptops but they DID detect the networks. I thought maybe restoring factory settings would help, but no dice. I have never rooted or done anything to this phone so there is no way i caused it. I hve never dropped the phone or caused any fisical damage either. I keep thinking that replacing the firmware would work but unfortunately, the bootloader is locked and im still having a hard time trying to figure out how to unlock it.

Seeing as how i think the wifi radios on cellphones are half duplex, i tried creating a hot spot to see if that would work. The phone doesnt generate any errors but it just wont create a hot spot either. so im guessing its hardware failure. Its strange how i can still see the wifi mac address...

Any suggestions on what i can or should do? I tried various apps but honestly they are all lame and none help at all. Id Appreciate all the help and info

ps. i can still connect to internet/make calls thru my service network. its just my stupid wifi.

Default Re: p769 Wi-fi no longer works.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried rebooting your router? See this article for other tips as well: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the welcome!!

I thought that might have been a problem too, so i did reboot and restored factory settings router as well. As i mentioned in my post, the phone doesn't detect ANY wifi networks. So my router isn't the problem.

by the way, Bluetooth DOES seem to work flawlessly.

Hmm. Sounds like there might be a hardware problem with the wifi antenna or radio. When you say you restored factory settings, you mean you did a full factory data reset, right? I don't think I'll have much else to suggest besides bring it in to a cellphone repair shop. Sorry!