Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My LG Optimus L9 won't turn off

I recently did an update my phone asking to do and after that every time I click the power button to close my phone it closes it But right away it turns back on. My phone is technically on the whole time which makes the battery just die within minutes. No clue what to do.?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: My LG Optimus L9 won't turn off

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried rebooting the phone?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez9omaR View Post
    I recently did an update my phone asking to do and after that every time I click the power button to close my phone it closes it But right away it turns back on. My phone is technically on the whole time which makes the battery just die within minutes. No clue what to do.?

Well, This is just weird try removing the battery and then put it again, if that still doesn't helps you I would say factory reset your device I think while you were updating you device some problem have been occurred which results in non completion of the update process, and as a result you can't switch off your device.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you so much! The factory reset helped. My phone is back to normal! Thanks!

Happened to me yesterday. I did the suggested update and now the darn thing wont turn off, if I charge it, the battery gets hot.
    Called Metro PCS- Blah, Blah, Blah, take SIM card out, and battery, leave out for 1 min. Jump up and down, do 6 jumping jacks, sing jingle bells
    STILL NOTHING

Called Manufacture- Send us your phone it is still under warranty...Well what am I supposed to do in the mean time.....UHHHHHHHH

Called Metro again- Did you 6 jumping jacks, well we meant 9, but we can do a factory reset....Me Uhhhhhhh, nooooo

Please understand my colorful yet sarcastic commentary.... NOT HAPPPY

How can I prevent losing all my text and strored information, i