LG L34C Optimus Fuel - how do I root this phone

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to root the straight talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel and if so how?

It's on sale for $30 at Walmart so I'd get it if I can root it. Also, I assume I can use the phone as a regular contract plan phone too even though it's a pre-paid phone (if I'm wrong, please let me know). Thanks.

bccric

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to root the straight talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel and if so how?

It's on sale for $30 at Walmart so I'd get it if I can root it. Also, I assume I can use the phone as a regular contract plan phone too even though it's a pre-paid phone (if I'm wrong, please let me know). Thanks.
androidarea51 has root fot it in forum "all things root"

bigneo1973

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Okay thanks to GeoHot and his new apk @ towelroot by geohot My new lg optimus fuel is now rooted!

1. First go to towelroot.com download tr.apk
2. Install
3. open towelroot and at the top it says welcome to towelroot, tap it 3 times.
4. now you have a box that you can change the values of, enter the following value: 1337 0 0 0 4 0
5. press make it rain
6. your rooted, but dont forget to install a superuser app before restarting phone or you may have to do this over i think.

ENJOY!

This all needs to be done on the phone.....not the pc.........

Sean Golden

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
he copied that from my post lol.....i am toxinburn, however this would not have been done without towelroot from geohot it certainly made it easier. And yes it did come from that site. Also do not forget to install supersu on your phone as well....you may have to remount system first like i did....you can do this from terminal emulator open it type su to get # then type in mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system

this will remount it to rw if for some reason towelroot didnt do that for you....i also had to reboot after this for some reason to get supersu to install the binaries properly.

bigneo1973

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
When I came upon this solution, I copied and paste in a word doc until I could try later. I don't know what site it came from, I couldn't find it again. I was so happy it worked. When I saw others needed same info, I passed it along just as I copied to my word doc. Yes I should have acknowledged that info came from someone else, i'm not that smart. I just was not thinking, did not mean any harm but thanks to whoever did come up with this solution. All credit is yours........

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
he copied that from my post lol.....i am toxinburn, however this would not have been done without towelroot from geohot it certainly made it easier. And yes it did come from that site. Also do not forget to install supersu on your phone as well....you may have to remount system first like i did....you can do this from terminal emulator open it type su to get # then type in mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system

this will remount it to rw if for some reason towelroot didnt do that for you....i also had to reboot after this for some reason to get supersu to install the binaries properly.

How do you get to terminal Emulator?

will9

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I've got the L34C and want to do this. Is the phone being stable after the root??

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
If you run Titanium Backup does it let you save to the sd card? I've rooted mine and the sd card doesn't show up in TB.
The sd card works fine besides with TB. Sent a report to TB support.

Did you install a custom mod or use the sdfix app in playstore? Just asking in case your problem stems from kitkat not letting you write to sdcard - thought root alone didn't solve that problem (needed sdfix app or custom mod).

Sean Golden

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
If you run Titanium Backup does it let you save to the sd card? I've rooted mine and the sd card doesn't show up in TB.
The sd card works fine besides with TB. Sent a report to TB support.

Hi i have gotten mine to work with using next apps sd card fix which is free on play store, first off run this tool and it will fix the extsdcard permissions this is kitkats fault, next you need to make 2 partitions on your sdcard I used Aparted to achieve this you can use any partition manager you like, make the first one fat32 this will be what your pc sees when plugged in to usb for dragging and dropping files, the second should be ext4 once that is finished download and use link2sd from play store I have link2sd plus because it enables you to move even more data over, make sure you have the sdcard unmounted first if you use aparted to partition with, and you may even have to reboot the phone before it will recognize the sdcard again.....anyhow in a nutshell it can be done and has been.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv