- 10 Posts
Getting to the unlock screen
Phone is the LG L40G, twin to the LG Optimus L5.
I'll try to sum up the problem I've ran into. Initially I thought I couldn't unlock my phone due to rooting it. I unrooted, root checked, and tried the 2945 code for my phone. No matter what I do, I still get the "Your phone isn't personalized" message. Other forums I've read about this problem on have said this means the phone is already unlocked. I currently have the new sim I want to use in the phone, and it says service locked. That means It's obviously locked to the network my phone came from. How do I get passed this problem? If I can't unlock this phone, I'll just try to find the L5 from Tmobile; it sounds like Tmobile phones are easiest to unlock.
- 10 Posts
Re: Getting to the unlock screen
Okay, I now realize what my problem is. My menu simply doesn't show the Service Provider Unlock. I'm guessing the prepaid service I have has it hard locked? I haven't read about a way around this, so I'm thinking I'll have to purchase the L5 version that isn't dead-bolted to a provider.
- By Dolomite in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 10Last Post: 06-28-2014, 11:38 PM
- By goober84 in forum Samsung Gear LiveReplies: 14Last Post: 06-26-2014, 10:39 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-26-2014, 03:31 PM
- By Lastly in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 06-26-2014, 09:37 AM
- By jabwtv in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 06-26-2014, 08:22 AM