Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG PC Suite deleted my Calendar Events

Hi, I have an LG P700.

Yesterday I tried to use LG PC Suite to back it up. PC Suite got stuck at some point of the process and asked me to disconnect the phone and restart it, in spite that the screen of the phone had a warning not to touch it. I rashly followed the PC Suite instructions and restarted the phone. After doing so, I found that no backup had been created and all the events in my calendar had disappeared. Everything else in the phone seems to be working fine. I was using the phone local calendar.

Is there any way to recover my lost events? I'm really crossing my fingers here 'cause I lost around 400 - 500 events.

Thanks.

Default Re: LG PC Suite deleted my Calendar Events

ouch, the only thing i know of is that the calendar usually has been synced with the google account. doesnt look good, but try looking on the google website:

>> go to Account
    >> Data Tools tab
    >> dashboard View Account Data
    >> scroll down to Calendar

next time you want to backup, consider sync to google account, then go to Manage Calendars >> Export Calendars (to download a file)
    Last edited by blackveils; 07-07-2014 at 08:53 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: LG PC Suite deleted my Calendar Events

Yep, ouch indeed . My calendar wasn't synchronized with my Google account. It was entirely local. I have only used Android for a few months and when I started I was lost with the whole synchronization thing, so I decided to keep it local until I familiarized myself a bit with the system. So I was thinking more about using some kind of "undelete" tool.

Note: Whatever happens with this, I will definitely keep my calendar in sync from now on.
    Last edited by Alonshow; 07-07-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Minor addition