[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 (latest update: 08/13/2012)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Team Hydro presents....
Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 for LG Optimus M

About Cannibal Open Touch
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it. Main Features: 1) Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!) 2) Theme support 3) Get out of recovery boot loops 4) Touch screen button controls! 5) Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups (if on LG Optimus device) 6) GooManager support! 7) Internal e2fsprogs for size 8) Backported ?retouch binaries? patch for ICS/JB compatibility 9) Advanced Backup 10) Delete old backups! 11) Persistent settings 12) User-defined backups! Why the name Cannibal Open Touch? Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a bunch of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

[INFO]What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is very very unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:
Code:
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be very long).[/INFO]
Flashing Instructions
1) Make sure USB Debugging is ON and that you have ADB access 2) Download the Cannibal Open Touch image 3) Place the recovery image on your SD Card. 4) Fire up an ADB shell 5) Make sure you are in a root shell. If you are not, execute the "su" command now. 6) Execute "flash_image recovery /path/to/recovery.img" (replace /path/to/recovery.img with the ACTUAL path to the recovery image) 6a) If you get a "command not found" error with the above command, STOP! Download flash_image (mirror), extract flash_image from the ZIP that you just downloaded (and copy it to the top level of your sd card, and follow the first three commands in the Xionia Recovery instructions. Once you have flash_image installed, do step 6 again. 7) Reboot to recovery mode 8) PROFIT!

Already have a custom recovery?
1) Download the ZIP installer from the downloads below 2) Reboot to recovery 3) Flash the ZIP installer as you would a ROM or Kernel (that is, flash it from recovery) 4) PROFIT!

Main Recovery Screenshots
COT_MainMenu.png
COT_ZipFlashing.png
COT_Nandroid.png
COT_PartManage.png
COT_Options.png
COT_RecDebug.png

Available Themes
HydroTheme.png
BloodRedTheme.png
KeyLimeTheme.png
CitrusOrange.png
DooderbuttTheme.png

Download Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2
[INFO]Cannibal Open Touch Handbook: Because so many things have changed since Cannibal Open Touch v1.2, we have created a handy little guide (a "handbook") to help you become accustomed to the features and menus of Cannibal Open Touch. This guide is available as a PDF document, so you must have a PDF reader installed. Download the guide here (PDF, 183.2 kB)![/INFO] By clicking any of the below links you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Team Hydro, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the LG Optimus M, and not any of the other LG Optimus variants. Download | Mirror | Alternate ZIP installer MD5 Info: Recovery Image: 54313e5d7aa4bc1a63ed76135787d3ce ZIP Installer MD5: ccd82c719d6954414a31902c14c40725

Known Issues
None!

Changelog
v2.0.2: Fixed the bug introduced by previous user-defined backups bugfix ;) v2.0.1: Fixed issue with user-defined backups not functioning properly (or at all) v2.0: Optimus M support, themes change immediately (no reboot needed), file-based settings framework, rewritten theme framework, removed a bunch of dead code, initial multi-language framework (incomplete), OpenRecoveryScript optimizations, fixes for using GooManager in a Jellybean/CM10-based ROM v1.2: Advanced backup, nandroid backup prompt on installing ZIP package, nandroid backup fail on low space, delete old backups, now flashes all ROMs v1.1: ORS patches, Advanced menu reorganization, retouch patches, internal e2fsprogs, fixed sd-ext restores v1.0.8: Fixed signature verification, now enabled by default v1.0.7: Fixed OpenRecoveryScript support v1.0.6: Enabled OpenRecoveryScript (GooManager) support (broken) v1.0.5: Fixed vertial touchscreen boundaries v1.0.4: Fixed "power off" menu item v1.0.3: Fixed "file not found" error v1.0.2: Colorific theme engine updates v1.0.1: Fix build.prop to workaround CyanogenMod's erroneous use of asserts. v1.0: Initial release!

Source
Want to see what we're working on? Follow the bitbucket source repository! https://bitbucket.org/drewwalton19216801/cwmrecovery-teamhydro

Special Thanks
Koush The CyanogenMod Team All of Team Hydro Cory Streater, for tolerating (I hope) the Dooderbutt Jerry Hildenbrand and Beezy, for starting the Dooderbutt revolution AndroidCentral Team Utter Chaos, for the kick-ass touchscreen buttons sblood86 (much of COT would not be possible without him!)

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 MS(latest update: 08/08/2

[TIP]Easter Egg Competition!
Cannibal Open Touch contains an easter egg. If you find it, don't give it away! Rather, send an email to happyeaster@teamhydro.info with your AndroidCentral username, a description of what you found, and the steps you took to find it. If you can, please also provide a screenshot (Android Screencast can do this).

Submitters who have correctly identified the easter egg contained in Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 will be entered in a random drawing. The prize? Help us create a new Cannibal Open Touch theme! The winner will also receive any case, shirt or other accessory of their choosing from the ShopAndroid store with a retail price of under $50*! The drawing date is to be announced, so check back here often!

Rules:
1) AndroidCentral staff members are not eligible!
2) If you think you found the easter egg, do not discuss it with anyone!
3) This is for fun! So don't feel bad if you don't find it and/or don't win!

Hints:
1) In order to find the easter egg, one must do something a certain number of times in a row.
2) If you search the origin, you may find the egg.

* ShopAndroid prize provided by AndroidCentral[/TIP]

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
WOOHOO!! love this recovery!
First :p btw, just like the optimus s and v are basically the same phone, the optimus m and c are the same phone....and I'm running C firmware currently.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

alfick3

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 (latest update: 08/08/201

This is a great step forward for the Optimus M. Thank you. Have you given any thought to the Optumus M+ (LG MS695)? I still have my two OM's but my children are using them now for their alarm clocks/MP3 players, etc. My wife and I have now purchased, and are using, the OM+ for our daily phones and I'd love to have a touch recovery. We do have CWM-based Recovery 5.5.0.4 for the OM+.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 (latest update: 08/08/201

[INFO]Bugfix release:
Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.1 has been released. This update fixes issues with the user-defined backups feature not working, as well as a related bug affecting nandroid restores. As always, hit up the first post for the download. Don't forget to hunt for eggs![/INFO]

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.1 (latest update: 08/08/2

Well apparently there's another bug.... seems we fixed user assigned backup paths and broke the others, incidentally I know why but I'm still wondering how neither of us noticed again...

As a work around you will want to assign your backup paths for now by creating a file .userdefinedbackups and pointing it to wherever you want (default would be "sdcard/cotrecovery/backup" without the quotes)

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

can we flash this over using the Flash Image GUI?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.joeykrim.flashimagegui&hl=en&token=VpXt2p9y

just wondering...it certainly would make it easier...

EDIT: I'd like to report that Flash Image GUI does indeed work to flash this over, all you have to do is rename the image file to recovery_cannibal.img and it will flash over...i did get an error about it not being able to find the COT settings

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

i think i found the easter egg....if you choose "Fix Recovery Bootloop" without having a recovery bootloop it will brick your phone and you'll have to lgpnst it back to stock...

(obviously a joke...sorry if i offend by the first few words)

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.joeykrim.flashimagegui&hl=en&token=kFkpzin3

EDIT: I'd like to report that Flash Image GUI does indeed work to flash this over, all you have to do is rename the image file to recovery_cannibal.img and it will flash over...i did get an error about it not being able to find the COT settings

Rename it to recovery.img and it works fine, no errors (except the one that always shows on the M "E: bad boot recovery" )

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.joeykrim.flashimagegui&hl=en&token=dz4V9uU9

No COT settings shows up on the first boot, a default settings file is created at that time.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

i think i found the easter egg....if you choose "Fix Recovery Bootloop" without having a recovery bootloop it will brick your phone and you'll have to lgpnst it back to stock...

(obviously a joke...sorry if i offend by the first few words)

No it won't....I just tried it and booted up just fine.

EDIT: Wait, Optimus S here. Maybe it's different on the M.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
No it won't....I just tried it and booted up just fine.

EDIT: Wait, Optimus S here. Maybe it's different on the M.

-__- he said its a joke...lol I found the actual Easter egg, I can't tell you how to find it, and I can't win, I'm the beta tester here.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 (latest update: 08/13/2

[INFO]Bugfix Update
Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 has been released. It fixes issues found in 2.0.1, so please update ASAP![/INFO]
[TIP]Easter Egg Update!
We've decided to go ahead and open up the easter egg contest to beta testers. Now let's see those emails![/TIP]

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]Bugfix Update
Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 has been released. It fixes issues found in 2.0.1, so please update ASAP![/INFO]
[TIP]Easter Egg Update!
We've decided to go ahead and open up the easter egg contest to beta testers. Now let's see those emails![/TIP]

I already found the Easter egg xD :D gotta get home and send it in.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v2.0.2 (latest update: 08/13/2

Would this recovery happen to work on the optimus T by any chance?

I don't have all the T information handy but it's highly unlikely that this image would work; that's not to say that something couldn't be compiled to work...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech