Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TheRidge

ROM
    qhoang81 AOKP [unofficial

Default Upgrading my SD card without using a PC

I'm stuck without a puter right now & I'm running out of room on my SD card in my OptimusS. I've got a bigger card, but does anyone know how I can transfer everything on my 4 gig to my 8 gig without using a computer? I'm in deep doo doo here! Can anyone help??
    Thanx,
    Ridge :what:

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk
    To Thine Own Self Be True
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Upgrading my SD card without using a PC

As far as I know, you kinda need a computer to handle that. Theoretically, you could do it with another Android device and Bluetooth, but I don't know if I'd trust that to do the whole job flawlessly. If that is available to you, perhaps just move a couple things that you might need right away and finish the rest when you have access to a computer?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock.... for now

You could try signing up for DropBox or Box, transfer your files onto your account, put the new SD card into your phone, then download the files back onto your new card

Sent from Your Mother
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    TheRidge

ROM
    qhoang81 AOKP [unofficial

Thanks Mom hehe!
    great idea!! It worked. thanks!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just used APP2Sd (at the play store) and moved all my Apps to my phone and then removed my SD card and then moved all my apps back onto my new SD card when I put it in. I honestly did this because I'm brand new to my smartphone and I didn't know how to save my apps on my computer! i know, dumb ***, but my way seemed to work OK.