Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Best bet may be an external battery pack. They come in anything from 1000mAh to 5000mAh. About the same size as another phone, but some come with a belt clip, so you can either holster the phone or pocket it, with a cord coming from the battery pack charging the phone while its on your hip. Sold at most electronic stores, or on Ebay from China/Hong Kong for half the price.

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glitchsta View Post
    I bought these batteries also, and the ones with square corners do not fit the Optimus S. Also when I tried to get a refund the seller kept saying it fit the phone and I just contacted ebay and they refunded my money...thing is I see another KGIP 400N on ebay that looks different...check out this one use the zoom function and look at the corners they look more round and have too little dots... I am thinking this one will fit. I think they just put stickers on bootleg batteries and sell them on ebay But that battery with same sticker as the one I received looks like it has different corners and this guy knew about it had to have round corners. What do you guys think?
    I just bought batteries (and charger) from this same seller....UFO111. If you check his feedback you will see at least one auction for the same battery that is given a positive rating recently. You would think the person would not give a good rating if the battery didn't fit! Probably won't see them for a month or so. I'll let the forum know how they work.

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
    I just bought batteries (and charger) from this same seller....UFO111. If you check his feedback you will see at least one auction for the same battery that is given a positive rating recently. You would think the person would not give a good rating if the battery didn't fit! Probably won't see them for a month or so. I'll let the forum know how they work.
    Ok, I can give some feedback on these batteries by UFO111:

I ordered the two battery + charger deal here on January 11th and they just arrived today. I wasn't too hopefull after reading all the comments here but the batteries fit! I'm going to give them a full charge and try them out. I've bought Hong Kong batteries for all my previous cell phones and while they don't hold a charge near as well as OEM, they are cheap and nice to have as a backup!

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debh945 View Post

I ordered the two battery + charger deal here on January 11th and they just arrived today. I wasn't too hopefull after reading all the comments here but the batteries fit! I'm going to give them a full charge and try them out. I've bought Hong Kong batteries for all my previous cell phones and while they don't hold a charge near as well as OEM, they are cheap and nice to have as a backup!
    I've had mixed results with HK batteries, but they are hard to resist when you can buy a pair for $10 bucks for your camera, while the manufacturer wants $40 bucks for one. Sometimes they actually held more charge than the OEM batteries. The biggest concern is the current draw. Some of these new phones can draw a lot of current and you need a battery that can keep up.

So far I've used non-OEM batteries in laptops, cellphones, cameras and video cameras and not had a single bad thing happen.

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Default Extended Battery

Anyone know if there is an extended battery for the Optimus S? I would like to be able to know I can make it more than a day w/o charging if I have to.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

I don't believe anyone has found one for sure yet. There's a thread in the accessories sub-forum where folks are posting their experiences with different batteries.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...optimus-s.html

Mugen Power 1800mAh Extended Battery for LG GM750, GT540, Optimus, GW620, GW820, GW880, GW825V, P500 Optimus One, GX200, GX500.

Check either eBay or amazon.

Good luck.

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Mugen Power 1800mAh Extended Battery for LG GM750, GT540, Optimus, GW620, GW820, GW880, GW825V, P500 Optimus One, GX200, GX500.

Check either eBay or amazon.

Good luck.
    According to KSmithInNy, the Mugen Power one doesn't fit the Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    According to KSmithInNy, the Mugen Power one doesn't fit the Optimus S
    Bummer... guess you're fresh out of luck. Sorry!

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock - Maybe OC Kernel

x2, no extended as of yet. not that anyones found atleast. look in the accessories section of the forum and you'll see a couple of battery threads.

Quote Originally Posted by debh945 View Post

So what is the verdict on these? Good buy?

ROM
    Deck Rom w/Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by dwb993 View Post
    So what is the verdict on these? Good buy?
    Yep! They seem to last as long as my OEM battery, maybe an hour or so less? Either way, I get at least 10 hours with heavy use from all three of my batteries so I'm happy. With my Hero I was lucky to get 1/2 that from a fully charged battery.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Another battery/charger combo from eBay that fits

Just got this today for a V...and it fits...should fit the S as well.

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by TVCCS View Post
    Just got this today for a V...and it fits...should fit the S as well.

I ordered this for my Optimus S - will report back in a couple weeks and let
    everyone know if it fits or not!

If it doesn't, I may try to cut the battery to fit - for $9 - might as well try.

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by DoesItMatter View Post
    I ordered this for my Optimus S - will report back in a couple weeks and let
    everyone know if it fits or not!

If it doesn't, I may try to cut the battery to fit - for $9 - might as well try.

Re-pasting the current bid in case you want to buy one!

I just got it in the mail today - and it fits!

Fits quite well, no issues, no having to make it fit - LG Optimus S

Same rating as the stock - 1500 mah

The extra charger also doubles as a spare battery holder - works good!

Ordered on 2/16 - arrived on 2/26 - so 10 days from Hong Kong - not too bad!

ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

Hey DoesIt Matter,

You mentioned cutting the battery to fit, and even though this battery did fit, do you think you could cut the mugen battery to fit? Can you cut batteries without hurting yourself? I threw one in a fire once, and i don't think i want to cut one of those open...they make ouchies.

ROM
    Rooted Jellybean, CM 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by nikc4 View Post
    Hey DoesIt Matter,

You mentioned cutting the battery to fit, and even though this battery did fit, do you think you could cut the mugen battery to fit? Can you cut batteries without hurting yourself? I threw one in a fire once, and i don't think i want to cut one of those open...they make ouchies.
    From what I've heard other forum members say, the plastic casing of the battery had squared edges, where the stock battery for the Optimus-S has round edges. Since you'd just be cutting extra plastic off, it should not be a problem to trim off plastic. BUT - no idea how deep the plastic goes, so if you cut too deep and cut into the battery itself, you might end up destroying the battery and wasting all that $$. I'd just spend the $9 on e-bay and get one of those that I posted the e-bay link above. It's $9 and about 2-weeks of waiting.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Great find... ordered my $9 ebay special since my S has been complaining about charging an awful lot lately (every other day, I'll wake up to find that my phone gave up charging about 10 minutes after I went to sleep, and now has 10% left).

Although I do wish I could get to the bottom of why this happens in the first place, having a spare on charge means no more downtime and guessing if my phone will be alive in the morning!

Ordered today, from the link pasted earlier.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

As an FYI...the price on these has dropped...to $8 for one battery and charger, and $10 for two batteries and charger. Shipped.

My impression of the Optimus is that it was not really designed for swapping batteries -- I'd be worried about the battery cover wearing out with frequent swaps. In addition, if you are using a phone case case it could be rather cumbersome. Instead I opted for external battery. I bought mine form for $9 after rebate, but it's usually under $15. It works rather well - just like a slow USB charger, small and light (a bit smaller than the Optimus). The only thing I don't like is that it does not come with the micro-USB tip, so you end up using the Iogear charging cable, the USB female power tip, and a micro-USB cable.
    Put all these together while using your phone in public, and you are guaranteed to look like a dork.

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by mangust View Post
    The only thing I don't like is that it does not come with the micro-USB tip, so you end up using the Iogear charging cable, the USB female power tip, and a micro-USB cable.
    Put all these together while using your phone in public, and you are guaranteed to look like a dork.
    You could always pick up a mini-USB to micro-USB charging cable, seemingly designed for this situation:

Amazon.com: Wilson Electronics 859967 Micro - Mini USB Charging Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thanked by:

I just got mine today (2 batteries, charger from Ebay) and they fit just fine. They have the rounded corners and are 1500 mAh same as the stock battery.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mangust View Post
    My impression of the Optimus is that it was not really designed for swapping batteries -- I'd be worried about the battery cover wearing out with frequent swaps. In addition, if you are using a phone case case it could be rather cumbersome. Instead I opted for external battery. I bought mine form for $9 after rebate, but it's usually under $15. It works rather well - just like a slow USB charger, small and light (a bit smaller than the Optimus). The only thing I don't like is that it does not come with the micro-USB tip, so you end up using the Iogear charging cable, the USB female power tip, and a micro-USB cable.
    I've got two Duracell USB battery extenders and a Solar backup charger that I was given at a press event for mobile tech, and I used to use them on my old HTC winmo phones. But, honestly, they weren't worth the hassle 9 times out of ten, because I couldn't carry the phone around while attached for long enough to actually charge. Have you tried putting the phone + extender in your pocket while attached?
    Yeah, not happening unless you have a place to put the phone down, like on a desk. At which point, you might as well have a wall plug. When does this solution actually become useful? Because I couldn't find that scenario (except on a camping trip once, mostly because there was no outlet anyway, so I could leave the phone in my tent charging off the spare extender). So I picked up an HTC spare battery charger similar to the ones being recommended in this thread, and never touched the Duracell or Solar thing again.

Plus, my problem is that my charging port seems to only work half of the time- I often wake up after plugging in my phone and finding that the battery quit charging part of the way in, and now I'm starting my day with 30% left. Spare battery is the way to go- swap and run.

As for the case seeming "flimsy"... its not any worse than my older HTC phones. The Touch Pro had a pretty weak battery door, I was constantly afraid it would snap the little tab. Even worse was the mogul, and the TP2 wasn't too solid there either (although better than the other two).
    None of them ever broke on me, and I swapped batteries daily- other parts of the body started to go long before the battery door, it appears. I wouldn't be too concerned about that at all. It might look flimsy, but I think it will take a beating.

Default $4 replacement batteries safe/good?

Today I dropped my phone in the water at the beach and it's basically dead now. I have insurance that is going to replace the handset but not the battery. I'm anticipating that the battery will also need to be replaced so I looked on eBay, and there are tons of auction for "NEW Cell Phone BATTERY for Sprint LG Optimus S LS670" that amount to about $4 shipped. This seems unusually cheap to me- but I'm not sure since I haven't actually had to replace a lion battery for any device I've owned... Are batteries just cheaper these days or should I be weary of these offers?

I, too, am interested in this!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast