Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Also my lady bought the Invisible Shield when she got her phone, but hasn't put it on yet. I dunno if I should tell her to return it in favor of one of these other ones, or just tell her to go ahead and use it. I dunno if it'll be too tacky for her.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Well, I hour my applicator from clearfreak today. The screen protector was mia though

Sent from my LG Optimus.S using Tapatalk Pro.

Has anyone tried the anti-glare ones from the Android Central store? http://store.androidcentral.com/smar...15A43A7704.htm
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Has anyone tried the anti-glare ones from the Android Central store? http://store.androidcentral.com/smar...15A43A7704.htm
    I haven't but if someone doesn't speak up soon and order you bet i will awesome find!
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Thanks! The reviews of the same one for other brands are so mixed. Not sure if I'll take the chance or not. Tho I remember when I first got the anti-glare for mine I didn't like it, but then I got used to it and now I like it. So who knows... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I just ordered the 3-pack for my wife's and my phones. I'll let you know how they turn out.

I have always used ScreenPatronus since my first Moto Q and i just ordered a couple for my Optimus, they go on dry or wet, you can take them off and rinse them and reapply if needed and they do not have any sticky glue. And cheap, 10.50 for 2 delivered. And a 99.4% ebay rating....

ScreenPatronus direct link >> ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.

eBay link for Optimus > 2 Screen Protector LG Optimus S - eBay (item 380293365994 end time Dec-26-10 21:48:31 PST)

I finally got my phone last night (and already rooted/recovery/ROMed). I had already purchased the BodyGuardz screen protector (not the dry apply version). I applied it last night. ProTip: Don't try to put this one after a long night out at the bar. I thought it was on good, but today I realized just how bad of a job I did. It's a bit crooked, there are air pockets, and my fingerprints are all over the sticky side. Oh well.

The sticky side where I applied the liquid was a lot tackier than I remember the screen protector that I applied on my Moment was. On my Moment I remember having a lot easier of a time sliding the protector around to get it perfect, and a lot more time to squeegie out the air pockets. If I remember, the one I used for my Moment was a Phantom Skinz.

Anyway, I think I'll leave this be until I hear reports from you guys who bought the non-glare protector. Once I hear that, I'll either order one of those or peel this off and use the second one that came in the packet and try again, this time before going to the bar.
    Man of La Mancha

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

I will give the old screenpatronus a try.
    I need a good case too..

Quote Originally Posted by Sumpm View Post
    I just ordered the 3-pack for my wife's and my phones. I'll let you know how they turn out.
    Cool thanks. Dunno if I should return the Invisible Shield for this. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by coachpelkey View Post
    I will give the old screenpatronus a try.
    I need a good case too..

I bought a case from this guy on eBay, Perfect fit and delivered in 4 days. Mine was black, soft touch coating, $6 bucks, delivered. I don't see black in his store currently but several other soft touch colors are there *ebay link >> For LG Optimus S LS670 Hard Cover Case RED - eBay (item 230557226769 end time Dec-29-10 17:48:11 PST)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycinla View Post
    I bought a case from this guy on eBay, Perfect fit and delivered in 4 days. Mine was black, soft touch coating, $6 bucks, delivered. I don't see black in his store currently but several other soft touch colors are there *ebay link >> For LG Optimus S LS670 Hard Cover Case RED - eBay (item 230557226769 end time Dec-29-10 17:48:11 PST)
    I wish he had some blue ones.

Quote Originally Posted by smccloud View Post
    I wish he had some blue ones.
    There are some blue ones on there, search ebay for "optimus blue case". And just pick on from a seller with a high rating. Generally these cheap cases from different sellers are all coming from china with very similar quality. Here is one >
    Ebay

-j-

ROM
    Stock

Out of curiosity, how do you know the BodyGuardz are 3M material? Any other identifying marks to tell you more about the material?

Default best skins ever?

Hello all. I am new here. I was lurking until I saw this thread. Has anyone here tried the products available at best skins ever dot com?

I don't have my Optimus S yet, I am waiting for it to be delivered. I looked at the skin site, and they don't have the phone listed yet, but it shouldn't be long before they do. I have these protectors on everything. The Nintendo Ds, the ipode, my Zen vision W, etc... I have been very happy with it.

I realize this is my first post, but I swear I am not associated with the company at all.

I look forward to spending a lot more time here after my phone is delivered.

Regards,

~T

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Scratch on Screen

Sooo, I managed to scratch my Optimus's screen the same day that I got my Bodyguardz screen + body protector in the mail.

Does anyone know how to remove scratches from the touch screen?
    I don't want to put a screen protector on when the scratch is still there.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Original 2.3.4

what kind of scratch? deep, not deep? most likely u won't be able to remove it

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

They have liquid scratch removers which are basically a liquid plastic that fills in the scratch. I've seen them used on glasses (polycarbonate) but not sure if the Opti's screen is compatible plastic.

Back on topic, I took a chance on a couple *cheap* ebay screen protectors: LCD SCREEN PROTECTOR COVER KIT FOR LG LS670 OPTIMUS S - eBay (item 130458277035 end time Dec-23-10 17:05:28 PST)

My family just ordered 4 of these Opti's so I figure for less than a buck each, it's worth a shot. I've had decent luck with the cheap screen films on previous phones (and I had to cut those to fit myself), so we'll see how this goes. I'll report back.

Amazon has great prices on screen protectors and accessories. I ordered a 5 pack of ok screen protectors for 3 bucks

Sent from Optimus S with OC kernel and THUNDERom.

I got the 3-pack of screen protectors that Android Central sells, and they're so-so. The feel is great, but the edges don't want to adhere perfectly, so you can see that it's on the phone. It doesn't affect performance at all, but it's ugly. Did 2 phones, and they both turned out the same.

I got the 3-pack of screen protectors that Android Central sells, and they're so-so. The feel is great, but the edges don't want to adhere perfectly, so you can see that it's on the phone. It doesn't affect performance at all, but it's ugly. Did 2 phones, and they both turned out the same.
    Well, that sucks. These are the ones I just ordered which should be here next week. May have to look for something else.

I got these from ebay for $2.49 shipped.
    They are wet-apply so some care is required when putting it on and some phone downtime.
    Supposed to last 1-2 years.

Came with a squeegee, instructions and a small cloth. Was pretty easy to put on, looks great on the phone (1 week so far). No bubbling or peeling yet. I'm happy with it.

XtremeGUARD NEW LG Optimus S LCD Screen Protector LS670 - eBay (item 220698046189 end time Dec-16-10 14:37:55 PST)

Would you mind putting up a picture?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by rendang View Post
    I got these from ebay for $2.49 shipped.
    They are wet-apply so some care is required when putting it on and some phone downtime.
    Supposed to last 1-2 years.

Came with a squeegee, instructions and a small cloth. Was pretty easy to put on, looks great on the phone (1 week so far). No bubbling or peeling yet. I'm happy with it.

XtremeGUARD NEW LG Optimus S LCD Screen Protector LS670 - eBay (item 220698046189 end time Dec-16-10 14:37:55 PST)
    Good, I ordered one after my first screen protector arrived w/ a applicator but not screen protector (and I got a refund for it).

I got my screen protector from phantomskinz.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast